Skip to content

Viconia sudenly gone-Why?

Viconia a neutral evil character is part of my generally good party, but when I am in Beregost and I turn in the amulet to MR. Colquettle in that quest, Viconia suddnely dies or disappears. Why? I played through a number of times, even leaving V. outside the Colquettle house, but she still gets it. Is it something to do with her alignment?
I am thinking of swapping her out for Branwen, then maybe reinstating her after the above quest.
Also, where on the main party board do I find the party rep?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If your rep went above 18, she will leave the party. She shouldn't die though, unless its for a completely unrelated question.
  • sibakruomsibakruom Member Posts: 28
    gorris75 said:

Also, where on the main party board do I find the party rep?

Reputation is visible in the record screen of any character. It's both in the Information tab hidden somewhere in that wall of text, or much simpler to find as the second line of the Skills tab.
  • gorris75gorris75 Member Posts: 60
    ok thanks.. using Branwen, now. Viconia screamed and was gone from my party group...maybe she just could not stand the goodness.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    gorris75 said:

ok thanks.. using Branwen, now. Viconia screamed and was gone from my party group...maybe she just could not stand the goodness.

You'll find the same with other Evil-aligned companions, none of them like it when REP gets too high. But Branwen is a perfectly decent Cleric, so you'll be fine.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its not a max penalty, it just lowers current rep level.
  • ObjulenObjulen Member Posts: 93
    Rep is a bit odd for some of the newer characters. Dorn leaves, but can be recruited at the Friendly Arm Inn if you're rep drops. The secret NPC breaks, screams about abandoning him to his doom, and then can be allowed to stay, which (again) drops your reputation to a safe level. This can be repeated indefinitely.

The devs can't change existing NPCs, which is shame, because Viconia's situation leads her to be a character who might stick around because she's on the run and has no other options, despite her serious reservations. Dorn's break is rather disappointing, because if you've already completed the first part of his quest he has concrete reasons to stay until after he's achieved his vengeance, at which point he could have betray the party or lectured them on how foolish are before abandoning them for good.