Skip to content

How important is HP when importanting to BGII:EE?

Hello everyone!
I'm playing BG:EE with a skald in "core difficulty", taking HP rolls as they are. My question is how much does my HP when I import matter? If I get low rolls the entire way through, will this make BGII:EE too difficult?
Thanks!

P.S.: How about if I use max HP tweaks for enemies with max HP/level rolls?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Bennon said:

If I get low rolls the entire way through, will this make BGII:EE too difficult?

No. It might be a significant handicap for a melee character, but (presumably) your Skald is mostly staying at the back out of harm's way, so it shouldn't be too big a problem. Just keep your Stoneskins up and when necessary protect him from ranged/spell damage, and he should survive.
    Bennon said:

P.S.: How about if I use max HP tweaks for enemies with max HP/level rolls?

The same applies; the impact of tougher-to-kill enemies will mostly fall on your melee characters who have to withstand combat for longer.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Something you might consider, is that the bard HLA Enhanced Bard Song is generally better than the Skald song, thus making the class more or less redundant...if you want to play a bard, Blade is a better choice, or Jester if you plan to have HaerDalis in your party.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    You really should consider the Jester, there's just this good feeling when you've suddenly confused a group of mooks and they start smacking each other. Plus there's no Lore or Pickpocket modifiers unlike the other kits.

If only there was an epic version of the Jester song, one that probably had penalties to the saves against the effects. That would be so tasty.
  • therdretherdre Member Posts: 79

Something you might consider, is that the bard HLA Enhanced Bard Song is generally better than the Skald song, thus making the class more or less redundant...if you want to play a bard, Blade is a better choice, or Jester if you plan to have HaerDalis in your party.

I second playing a blade but I would have at least 16 constitution and you will be able to use him very effectively in melee
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    edited January 2017
    It's about the same size as the standard bard song, so you don't need to be at point-blank range, but you need to be close enough to the action.

As for how effective it is, well... confusion can either do nothing, stop them from doing something or cause them to attack their former allies. 66% chance of doing something good for your team is never a bad thing.
  • BennonBennon Member Posts: 4
    First of all, thanks for all the answers guys!

Something you might consider, is that the bard HLA Enhanced Bard Song is generally better than the Skald song, thus making the class more or less redundant...

The idea is to create a character most similar to an antihero, a character who is not focused on being a great warrior or a powerful sorcerer, as his power lies in the NPC that follows him. Everyone wants to play with OP characters and that bores me, I just want to give a little background to the character to enjoy the game. The Blade seems too "brave" for the role I want to give him.

You really should consider the Jester...

And the jester is an interesting option, but his song does not suit me...

DJKajuru