Skip to content

Installation problem of The Tweaks Anthology (OS X) Beta 5 "Not a game directory" message

ThalonThalon Member Posts: 4
Hi y'all!

I would love to install this mod so I can finally lower my reputation without killing innocents and keep Dorn, Edwin, and Viconia happy.

Thing is when I unzip the downloaded file: osx-cdtweaks-Beta_5.tar.gz into WHAT I THINK is my game folder on my MAC - and here is the pathway: "MacintoshHD/Users/myname/Documents" - the setup-cdtweaks.command that I double click eventually gives me the error message:

Macintosh-8:~ myname$ /Users/myname/Documents/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition/setup-cdtweaks.command ; exit;
[./setup-cdtweaks] WeiDU version 23800

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Well listen here FATAL ERROR, this "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" is my bloody game directory so you better take it. Sadly words shouted at the screen do not make this program change up its mind.

So fellows, those of you who've made it through this installation process, what am I doing wrong? What's missing?
Thank you!

PS: The only files I have in this "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" file in my documents are:
- Baldur.lua
- bp save
- characters
- portraits
- save
- sodsave (cause I have Siege of Dragonspear installed)

I think that Windows users have a Data file with an other file called 00766 where there are supposed to install the mod.

I've found forum threads about people having the same error message "Not a game directory" but they were only for PC Windows users. It sucketh big time.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    Where do you own the game from? (like Steam, Beamdog, GoG, etc).

If you own it from Steam then it normally would be found in

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

If you own it from Beamdog I think it would just be found by going through applications.

Not 100% sure on GoG but i'll look into it.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2017
    That's not the directory you're looking for.

You need this one (if you have Steam/GoG it might be incorrect):
    /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition/Game\ Data/00776/
    The one you're using is for the game's Documents (character files, saves, custom portraits et cetera).
  • ThalonThalon Member Posts: 4
    @ Elminster and @ CrevsDaak: Thank you for your swift answers!

@Elminster: Thank you so much for the pathway, it got me where I needed. Problem was I couldn't find that "Library" file at first because the "show the library" option box in my username folder was not checked for some weird reason (Gotta right click and check it). Took me a looooong time to find that.
    I hadn't realised that there was a Steam folder with the game installed in it (pretty stupid), but I hadn't had the need to look for it in the past like I used to with my PC since Mac apps work so much better.

@Crevsdaak: Thanks for adding more info for my understanding, I hadn't realised that the files I was looking at in that "documents" folder were basically "save data" and not the whole installation set. Again, stupid.

I wrote maybe a bit more than needed but I'm thinking it might be useful for other users on the forum if they encounter the same problem. I've learned so much that way in the past.

Y'all rock