Skip to content

Spells Mods - Installation Order

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
Hello :)

I'm having some trouble trying to use, at the same time, Divine Remix, Iwdification and Spells Revision.

Some spells appears "doubled" (like Sunscorch for druid) and some disappears (like Beast Claws).

I understand that Divine Remix should go last 'cause in the installation it asks something like "do you want to install/review spells?" and gives you a option "only those that aren't from other mods". I can be wrong here.

Anyway - can I have some enlightenment about this?

Thanks!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2017
    Thanks @subtledoctor :)

Here's what DR component does (from its Readme):

New Spells

A small selection of new spells are available: Cause Medium Wounds, Cause Blindness or Deafness, Cure Blindness or Deafness, Detect Good, Divine Shell, Faerie Fire, Impregnable Mind, Protection from Good, Protection from Good 10', Resist Acid and Corrosion, Strength of Stone, Conjure Air Elemental, and Energy Drain. Previous versions included a number of imported spells from Icewind Dale; these spells are no longer in The Divine Remix and are instead available in the IWDification mod.

Several minor changes are also made to existing spells. Cure Disease no longer cures blindness or deafness (use the new Cure Blindness or Deafness spell); Protection from Evil 10' and Negative Plane Protection are now third level spells; and Chaotic Commands now protects a slightly smaller scope of effects.

Two options are available for this component. You can select overwrite, in which case The Divine Remix versions of spells will overwrite similar spells introduced from other mods, e.g. any of the umpteen versions of Faerie Fire will be replaced by DR's version. If you choose not to overwrite, only the spells not already in the game will be added, preserving other mods' versions of these spells.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

I promise you won't be sitting there thinking "if only I could cast Detect Good!"

You made me laugh so hard with this that my dogs started barking LOL

edited January 2017
    Well, did as recommended: got rid of Divine Remix (spells component) and installed SR before IWDification and I don't have Cure Light Wounds anymore and have two Sunscorches.

I'll try the other way around, but I'll probably stick with IWDification only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks, @subtledoctor . Will try this one and report back to you.

Just to remove something from my chest: none of this would be necessary if Beamdog just imported the druid's spells from IWD to BGEE.
    Well, that was for sure the best combination. Have some things to say about it, but I'll use the mod's thread for it.

Thanks, @subtledoctor
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm glad that it worked out for you!

I will be adding IWD arcane spells next, so there's that