Skip to content

Any Romance Disabling Mods?

NightingaleNightingale Member Posts: 61
edited January 2017 in General Modding
Specifically, mods that allow you to disable the original Bioware romances in a modular manner, picking and choosing which ones to block.

I recently did a run of BG2 with a female PC and Jaheira in the same party and was surprised to discover that Jaheira actually has some non-romantic banters with such a PC. While I love her romance and feel it is very well written, I found these banters far more appealing to me as they cast Jaheira in the mother figure role I'm most comfortable viewing her in (I hardly ever pursue her romance specifically because it conflicts with this image). I tried experimenting in EEKeeper to see if I could artificially "disqualify" myself as a romantic prospect in one of my male PC files, but alas, couldn't find a "JaheiraMatch" variable in the Global panel of the female PC's game to try and emulate. A casual internet search for a mod that satisfies these needs doesn't yield much either.

So does anyone know of either a little known mod that does this, or one that's in progress?
Post edited by Nightingale on
KuronaIsewein

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    C:Eval("SetGlobal\(\"CheckJaheiraMatch\"\,\"GLOBAL\"\,1\)")
    C:Eval("SetGlobal\(\"JaheiraMatch\"\,\"GLOBAL\"\,0\)")
    If you run these two commands, you'll disable the romance if it hasn't started yet. You cannot find the variables in your female PC's save because they've never been set.

You should also consider limiting yourself to playing gnomes (not just because Jaheira won't romance a gnome (WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER) but because gnomes are fukken awesum!!!1!).
    sarevok57NightingaleKurona
  • NightingaleNightingale Member Posts: 61
    @CrevsDaak Thanks for that! I'll give it a try when next I play. And honestly, I really should try playing as more of the shorty races. I've only ever been a halfling thief before. One of these days I'll give the all-powerful gnomes a try :)
    CrevsDaak