Skip to content

Baldur's Gate EE (complete saga) import saves

StyllernStyllern Member Posts: 4
Hello guys,

I'm with a level 6 party when I found Baeloth and he talks about black pits... I was thinking, it is possible import the BGEE save to black pits (with all characters) and after import the black pits to SoD??

But I want import not just characters, but the entire save, can anyone help me?

And the same process, import from SoD to black pits 2, and after to BG2EE.... it is possible too?

Thanks!

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Characters can be exported/imported between BG and BP, yes, although IMO it'd be a daft thing to do.

I don't understand what you mean by "the entire save" - much of the data in a BG save file is nothing to do with BP.
  • StyllernStyllern Member Posts: 4
    I've heard that some decisions are imported from BG to BG2, if I export from BG to BP, in BG2 I will have the character but no decision, what I would like to do is:

Finish BGEE
    Finish BP
    Finish SoD
    Finish BG2EE

But everything with the same character, same decisions ... transfer equipment from one version to another (as far as possible)

Note: When importing saved game, what is imported, only the character? Or other things too? What kind of things? (Just taking advantage of the situation to ask questions)

Thank you very much!!

P.S. sorry for my english.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Equipment the character is carrying/wearing is transferred on export/import (except containers and their contents, i.e. gem bags etc.)

Loads of variables are also exported in character files, recording many details about the character's history and state ... I'm not sure what happens to these variables if transferred between BG and BP, since they're mostly relevant to BG.
  • StyllernStyllern Member Posts: 4
    Hmmm, thanks again...
    the NPCs (like Minsc and Imoen - i know about the dead ones), their states are also saved?

I'm new in beamdog forum, do you can help me with 'where i ask about what happens with the variables in BP'???
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Hmm, I don't think it's anything like Dragon age O>DAII, or Mass Effect>ME2>ME3, no decisions, nor Champion Stats are inherit, just your PC's stats, so I assume it's pretty same whether you through BP or not, or import from BP.
    But I haven't played SOD yet, so I may be wrong...