Skip to content

[BG2:EE] Saves not loading into ToB correctly

Hello,

I ran into an issue tonight when trying to start a new game of Throne of Bhaal. I imported my final save and when the game loaded the inventory and items were all messed up. A lot of items were also on the ground at your characters feet as soon as the game starts. Some items were even downgraded, eg. Crom Faeyr was Hammer of Thunderbolts +3, others were duplicated or even triplicated. On top of that your party never shows up and a lot of their items and inventory is included in the horde you start with at your feet.

One other thing I noticed was that previously when you import a save from SoA into ToB that the days and hours used to go with it. So if it takes you 100 days to finish the main game when you import it into ToB it will say in the load screen "Chapter 8 - 100 days 6 hours". Now it goes back to day 1 as if starting a new game even when importing so maybe that has something to do with it?

I need someone else to try it because I have tried importing a few different saves/characters and it happens every time.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Did you mod your BG2:EE game?
    Can you zip and upload your final save?
  • showdown25showdown25 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Doubledimas,

I have never modded my game at any point. Uploaded the save also.

Thanks for the help!

It's weird, I also experience that issue. However, If I complete the fight with Irenicus, the transfer from BG2:EE to ToB works ok.
  • showdown25showdown25 Member Posts: 3
    Ok, thank you for confirming that for me.

I'll just fight him again and import.

Thanks!
    edited January 2017
    No importing needed as the game automatically jumps to ToB after the Irenicus fight and the wrap-up afterwards.