Skip to content

Viconia bug? (v 1.3)

Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
I was at the end of Rasaad's quest before the final fight outside the temple(I was still inside looting) and Viconia just up and leaves. The dialogue that appeared above her head is the same as when I kick her out(I tested this). She says she'll be in the Graveyard district, so I check but she's not there.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Uhm, did you purchase the game from the Appstore or you forgot to update? Current version is v2.3, and it fixes a lot of stuff (probably this as well).

Besides/anyway, Viconia leaving does make sense since she's a Priestess of Shar and well, Rasaad's quests are usually against Shar's followers. Don't take my word on this, I yet haven't played with Rasaad.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    In BG2 Viconia will NOT stick around for Rasaad's quests.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Viconia will stick around for Rasaad's BG2:SoA quests up to the point where you have the final battle at the Heretic Temple. She'll always leave at that point, but you can find her in the Graveyard District (and re-recruit her) after Rasaad's quest is over.

Viconia will also walk if you take her along for Rasaad's BG2:ToB quest, and (IIRC) that one is a permanent walk-out.

These are not bugs, they're an intentional behaviour. As @CrevsDaak has already noted, Viconia is a Priestess of Shar, so she refuses to fight the other Sharrans, which makes sense.

(Note: for those in BG1, that's different - Viconia will actually stay with you throughout Rasaad's BG1 quest, although she bitches about it and has some really good banters with Rasaad about it. Recommended!)

In both BG2 cases, the answer is to leave Viconia behind for a while whilst you complete Rasaad's quests (taking some other healer temporarily if need be). This even works in BG2:ToB - if she's not in the party when you go to fight the Sharrans, then she'll wait for you and rejoin after Rasaad's business is done.
    CrevsDaak
  • moparmanmoparman Member Posts: 46
    If you have the tweak pack installed and enable the right option that won't happen.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the tweak pack only effects npcs leaving due to rep and fighting eachother. not leaving due to choices.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    I had the same bug on 1.3 it happened every time, in the end I just quit the game waiting for the update which will never happen.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Wesboi said:

I had the same bug on 1.3 it happened every time, in the end I just quit the game waiting for the update which will never happen.

It's not a bug, it's the intended behaviour that Viconia doesn't want to take part in Rasaad's quests.
    ThacoBellCrevsDaakmegamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    by this logic keldorn leaving due to joining the vampires must be a bug as well.
    Gallowglass
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    Well, thanks for the responses everyone. I assumed it was a bug because it was so sudden and there was no unique dialogue to go along with her leaving.

BUT, as it turned out, she wasn't at the Graveyard because I kicked her out and told her to stay where she is. I apparently forgot about this lol