Skip to content

Sound is only in 2 speakers (5.1 creative),weird game behaviour and Jansen quest question.

ShandooShandoo Member Posts: 51
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hello,

1)As i wrote i have sound only on 2 speakers ingame, while i have a 5.1 creative on Realtek HD audio drivers.
In game options EAX option is faded so i can't even turn it on. In windows etc. everything is okay, drivers are chosen properly.

2) Recently i have also noticed that sometimes, when starting the game and loading a save (not the same one), after load my game goes crazy. I mean: after load game starts to do many things at once: quick-saving, showing the mouse position in combat log, forcing the party to rest etc., making the game completely unusable. I can only do alt +f4, run the game again, and have hope that next time after load everything will be ok...It happened to me only two or three times, but It was strange enough that I wanted to describe it. Somebody had this issue?

3) I know that Jan Jansen quest starts 15 days after joining the party, but let's say i will dump him for a while, and later on he will join the party again. Will the quest still be available after those x days? (as if the counter was stopped?)
Post edited by Shandoo on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    do you have the creative console launcher for your audio drivers on your pc? you might have to go to the surround sound options and place the little marker in the middle, I also have a creative sound audio drivers with x2 z5500s connected to my pc and im pretty sure my sound comes out of all 10 (12) of my speakers, although im pretty sure im in the same boat as you as in the EAX option is faded as well, I think that might be because the EEs don't support EAX anymore? I also remember a couple years back one of the newer audio plugins weren't compatible with EE and it was causing some weird things, but I don't know if that has been fixed or not
  • ShandooShandoo Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2017
    sarevok57 said:

do you have the creative console launcher for your audio drivers on your pc?

Like i mentioned before, im using Realtek HD Audio Manager for sound configuration, becouse it was atached with the drivers. Everything there is set for 5.1, the audio test runs perfect for all speakers.
    sarevok57 said:

you might have to go to the surround sound options and place the little marker in the middle, I also h

How is the option there exactly described? Maybe i will found a similar one on my sound manager.

sarevok57 said:

EAX option is faded as well, I think that might be because the EEs don't support EAX anymore? I also remember a couple years back one of the newer audio plugins weren't compatible with EE and it was causing some weird things, but I don't know if that has been fixed or not

I mentioned about EAX only becouse i remeber that many years ago, when i had no problems with 5.1 in BG 2, it was not faded and possible to turn on.

edited January 2017
    Recently i have also noticed that sometimes, when starting the game and loading a save (not the same one), after load my game goes crazy. I mean: after load game starts to do many things at once: quick-saving, showing the mouse position in combat log, forcing the party to rest etc., making the game completely unusable. I can only do alt +f4, run the game again, and have hope that next time after load everything will be ok...It happened to me only two or three times, but It was strange enough that I wanted to describe it. Somebody had this issue?

does your console launcher more or less look like this? and if so, starting from they waaaay right of this picture, there is a 3d button, and if you press that, it will show the screen that is on the left side of this picture, and then try putting your 3d marker in the middle
    edited January 2017
    1)As i wrote i have sound only on 2 speakers ingame, while i have a 5.1 creative on Realtek HD audio drivers.
    In game options EAX option is faded so i can't even turn it on. In windows etc. everything is okay, drivers are chosen properly.

2) Recently i have also noticed that sometimes, when starting the game and loading a save (not the same one), after load my game goes crazy. I mean: after load game starts to do many things at once: quick-saving, showing the mouse position in combat log, forcing the party to rest etc., making the game completely unusable. I can only do alt +f4, run the game again, and have hope that next time after load everything will be ok...It happened to me only two or three times, but It was strange enough that I wanted to describe it. Somebody had this issue?

3) I know that Jan Jansen quest starts 15 days after joining the party, but let's say i will dump him for a while, and later on he will join the party again. Will the quest still be available after those x days? (as if the counter was stopped?)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    1) No idea.

2) That's pretty weird, but could conceivably be caused by a key on your keyboard being (sometimes) jammed in the pressed position.

3) The timer is from when Jan is first recruited, and it doesn't stop if he is disbanded. If he is re-joined within 15 days from first recruitment, then his quest triggers when the balance of the time has elapsed. If he is re-joined more than 15 days after first recruitment, then his quest will trigger as soon as you walk out of his home (or wherever else you left him waiting). So either way, yes, his quest will remain available when you re-join him. (Incidentally, the same mechanism applies to other NPC quests as well, although the number of days varies.)
    edited January 2017

2) That's pretty weird, but could conceivably be caused by a key on your keyboard being (sometimes) jammed in the pressed position.

I thought so also, but it would have to be more than one key being pressed ( quick save, mouse cursor location, rest, maybe even more). Like i mentioned, it goes crazy, jamming the game for me. Only alt+f4 works.

Ok so for Jan quest it's clear for me, thanks.
    Sound issue still confuses me.

Thanks also for merging the topics. I thought, that BG2:EE section would be beter.
    By accident I wrote earlier in the wrong section
    edited January 2017
    sarevok57 said:

...and then try putting your 3d marker in the middle

To be more specific: i have creative i-trigue 5600 speakers, asrock z77 pro3 motherboard with integrated sound card, and im using that default Realtek HD Audio software.

So maybe i should download software that you are using? Whats the name of it?

Shandoo said:

sarevok57 said:

...and then try putting your 3d marker in the middle

To be more specific: i have creative i-trigue 5600 speakers, asrock z77 pro3 motherboard with integrated sound card, and im using that default Realtek HD Audio software.

So maybe i should download software that you are using? Whats the name of it?

ah, onboard eh? for my setup I actually have a separate sound card that uses pci-e ( sound blaster x-fi fatal1ty) and it come with a huge software bundle but if its still from creative like mine, you could try going on their site and look for the creative console launcher software download, and if it works for you, then you can get that program that I showed you in the above screenshot, and then force 3d sound into your game
    edited January 2017
    sarevok57 said:

ah, onboard eh? f

Ye, i've 2 sound card's, both onboard. One is from Nvidia, second is Realtek. I don't have sound blaster or any other sound card like that. As I said earlier, elsewhere 5.1 works correctly (but not in web browser,2 speakers there only,weird).I had no problems with other games,movies,music etc.
    So, even though, should i download & run that creative console launcher ?

2 on board sound cards eh? very interesting, never knew that mother boards actually did that, but I don't know if the creative console launcher will work with your set up, but you could give it a try, worse case scenario if it doesn't you can always uninstall, but if it does, then you can really force 3d sounding into your game

it could also be possible that the EE games just don't support 3d sound that well as well