Skip to content

Game crashes as soon as i get to candlekeep for a new game and click an area to walk.

VeissVorraVeissVorra Member Posts: 24
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hello everyone. I've been having issues with the game ever since i decided to come back and play it 4 years later. I reinstalled it on my 2010 laptop and such and made custom portraits for my character and some of the ingame characters and after i did all that and got ingame. the game would crash as soon as i clicked somewhere to walk. Does anyone know the cause of the issue by any chance?
Post edited by VeissVorra on

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    My best guess would be a graphics issue, but you haven't told us anything about your setup.

First test is to delete all of your custom portraits from the game folders, and use standard (manufacturer-supplied) portraits instead. What happens then?

If that doesn't solve it, then you'll probably have to tell us about your hardware, o/s, BG version, retail source, any mods installed, etc.
  • VeissVorraVeissVorra Member Posts: 24
    Deleting all custom portraits fixed nothing. Game would still crash within 5-10 seconds of walking around CandleKeep.

It's Just the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Steam Version

I don't use mods to play the game at all. I just simply installed it and tried to play it.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited January 2017
    Try going into the Options, Graphics menu, then check the box for Alternate Renderer, then restart the game. Also, you might want to check your video and sound drivers to make sure they are updated.
    Post edited by mf2112 on
  • VeissVorraVeissVorra Member Posts: 24
    yeah i took the highlight sprite/render off and that fixed the game. Thanks!