Skip to content

BGIIEE Question about Melissan / Dragon Fights

I fought all dragons and melissan in the end. But they constantly can purge off my defensive spells. I guess, they don't use "remove magic", they use "spellstrike" or? So, i've read, that spellstrike can even purge off "Spell Immunity: Abjuration". That ist quiet unfair i think. Yes, in a party of 6, nobody cares about that shit, but when you play solo, they concentrate on you alone and there is no immunity to spellstrike or?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited January 2017
    actually the dragons use remove magic, and for some bizarre reason it will work without fail, I've noticed this multiple times and I find it quite annoying, now the only way to fight dragons ( especially abizigal) is to use cheese tactics ( or at least on insane difficulty)

my guestimation is that since spells are capped at level 20 the game thinks that your spells are cast by a level 20 caster, and since dragons are level 30, that is 10 levels higher which means that they cant fail on the dispel check

in my opinion that's kind of dumb, but it is what it is I suppose
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Have you tried Spell Shield? That might stop the Remove Magic. If not, then summoning Planetar(s) will keep them off your back for a while.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Have some defensive spell triggers and sequencers ready, instant pro from magic weapons+spellshield+mislead and mirror image+stoneskin+fire shield should give you ample time to recuprate. Spell immunity spell ignores alacrity, so you can instantly start casting a new spell immunity:abjuration too.

Spellshield should work against spell defense removals, but not sure against remove magic. But si:abjuration should protect against remove magic. Thus si:abjuration+spell shield is a solid defense.
  • BaldursGateToBBaldursGateToB Member Posts: 3

Have you tried Spell Shield? That might stop the Remove Magic. If not, then summoning Planetar(s) will keep them off your back for a while.

Played solo F/M/T, so there are no level 9 spells available with the 8.000.000 cap.

Played solo F/M/T, so there are no level 9 spells available with the 8.000.000 cap.
    well in theory, you could never memorize it, but you could just keep all 3 copies of the scroll for those sticky situations for when you need it and just cast it off the scroll

sarevok57 said:

well in theory, you could never memorize it, but you could just keep all 3 copies of the scroll for those sticky situations for when you need it and just cast it off the scroll

What scrolls? Planetar is a high-level ability. You can't even get it before you get level 9 spell slots. If that's not an option, then using a scroll of Chain Contingency plus three Mordenkainen's Swords is the best way to get a bunch of summons into play quickly.

sarevok57 said:

What scrolls? Planetar is a high-level ability. You can't even get it before you get level 9 spell slots. If that's not an option, then using a scroll of Chain Contingency plus three Mordenkainen's Swords is the best way to get a bunch of summons into play quickly.
    I was talking about spellstrike :)
    sarevok57 said:

I was talking about spellstrike :)

Oh, well @BaldursGateToB was explaining to me why my Planetar suggestion wasn't practical for him. Spellstrike is something he's concerned about being used on him, not something he necessarily needs.
    sarevok57