Skip to content

Any way to change the resolution in BG2EE?

Hi all, I know that there used to be a way to change the resolution in BG2EE through an .ini or .lua file in the Documents folder, however that option seems to be gone. Outside of manually changing the resolution of the monitor itself, is there any way to change the resolution in game?

I ask since I am attempting to change the size of the interface, as the interface is too small in 1920x1080, however it's too big when you use the "Scale User Interface" setting in the Options menu.

Thank you all so much!
- John

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    You could experiment with turning off Full Screen mode and run it in a window instead, that might help.

Other than that ... Scale User Interface is meant to take care of interface size automatically, so if that's not working well enough at your resolution, then I'm not sure how to change it. Maybe there's some setting which you could add to your baldur.lua file, but I don't know enough to advise.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited January 2017
    I just looked through the listed options there, nothing leaps out as relevant to this specific question. As @Gallowglass says, maybe running in a window instead of full screen, then you can drag the window to any size that feels comfortable. Maybe try increasing the font size?

You might take a look at this mod rollup, several options in there might work for your purposes. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60717/mod-eeuitweaks-mod-collection-all-ee-platforms
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited January 2017
    You can create a custom resolution and refresh rate in you graphics control panel and the game will use it. Right click your desktop and choose your grahics control panel. In my case it is the Nvidia control panel. Once the panel is open look on the left side of the panel for an option to change resolution. Then select the customize button and create the resolution and refresh rate that you want. Test it to make sure it works. Once you successfully create the custom resolution you can then select it in the resolution options box. Once it has been applied to your desktop the game will launch and play at that resolution and refresh rate.

If you don't want to create a custom resolution you can simply set your desktop to any normal resolution that your monitor supports in the resolution box and the game will use it. You have to set your desktop to the resolution you want to play the game at but it only takes a second to do it before you start the game.

Don't forget that you can use the mouse wheel to zoom the camera position in and out when you are in the game. Also in the graphics options for the game you can use the scale user interface option to get the UI to look how you want it at the resolution you choose.
  • johncpattersonjohncpatterson Member Posts: 7
    Thank you all for your advice, the Nvidia idea sounds particularly interesting, and I will also follow up with EEUI tweaks. Thanks so much!

- John