Skip to content

No Race Restrictions Mod version 1.01 for Icewind Dale (or BG1/2) Enhanced Edition 2.0 and later

BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
edited January 2017 in IWD:EE Mods
Hello all,
I just completed a mod that removes all race restrictions for classes. So you can be any class with any race. It also adds the missing animations (halfling mages, and non-human monks) using the cleric animations for each race. I made it for BG1, but it works in BG2, and I'm told it works in Icewind Dale as well (though I don't have IWD so I can't personally test it) which is why I'm posting it in this forum as well.

One note: This mod will not allow you to play any class in IWD that isn't also in BG2:EE. So for example the Cleric of Tempus kit is unselectable. If anyone wants to modify this mod to make it work for all IWD specific kits feel free.

The latest version of the mod is attached to this thread. To install it just copy the files into the game directory (whatever folder has the chitin.key) and then open the installer.

For example I downloaded BG1:EE directly off of Beamdog and I find the chitin.key file in C: ProgramFiles (x86)/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/Data/00766/

I downloaded BG2:EE directly off of Gog.com (not using Gog galaxy) and I find its chitin.key file in C: Gog Games/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/

I'm hoping this mod is compatible with any mod installed before it as it only overwrites files to allow more things (more class choices) and then it creates new kit and animation files.

Specifically this mod overwrites CLSRCREQ.2DA to allow all races to be all classes. Then it overwrites MGSRCREQ.2DA to allow all races to be all mage kits. Then it overwrites the kit files for mages for each non-human race to allow them to be all kit types: K_M_D.2DA, K_M_E.2DA, K_M_G.2DA, K_M_HE.2DA, K_M_HL.2DA, and K_M_HO.2DA.

It also overwrites ABCLASRQ.2DA to reduce the max CHR needed to make Paladins to 16 so you can make dwarven paladins.

Then it creates the following new files:
New Monk kit files for each missing race: K_MN_D.2DA, K_MN_E.2DA, K_MN_G.2DA, K_MN_HE.2DA, K_MN_HL.2DA, and K_MN_HO.2DA.
New Shaman kit files for the missing races: K_SH_D.2DA, K_SH_E.2DA, K_SH_G.2DA, K_SH_HL.2DA
New halfling mage animation files (using cleric animations): 6203.INI and 6213.INI
New monk animation files for each non-human race. Males: 6501.INI, 6502.INI, 6503.INI, 6504.INI, and 6505.INI
Monk females: 6511.INI, 6512.INI, 6513.INI, 6514.INI, 6515.INI.

Lastly this mod is unfortunately not compatible with any of the versions of the games older than Enhanced Edition 2.0 because only enhanced edition 2.0 and later has INI files. On older versions my new INI files crash the game. However, if you're not playing a halfling magic-user or a non-human monk you could just delete the INI files before you install it and it would probably still work on the older versions of the game (maybe even pre-EE, I don't know).

I hope you enjoy it. I made it for me, but I'm hoping others find it useful as well. If you notice any bugs or anything not working please let me know what's broken and I'll try to fix it.

-----------------------

Changes for 1.01

Made it so you can now make Dwarven Paladins without crashing the game (lowered the min CHR for Paladins to 16).

Also now allowed non-dwarven Dwarven defenders.
Post edited by BCaesar on

Comments

• BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
    Ok I added Dwarven Paladins and non-dwarven Dwarven defenders.

Also I'm told that this mod will not allow you to play any class in IWD that isn't also in BG2:EE. So for example the Cleric of Tempus kit is unselectable.

So if anyone wants to modify this mod to make it work for all IWD:EE specific kits feel free. I can't because I don't have IWD and am not planning on buying it.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds great - saves people from the trouble of having to hack the game with EE keeper.
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
    Honestly, it's rather crude in terms of a mod. I could remake it to make it much more compatible with other mods by editing each line in WeiDU instead of just overwriting files in Near Infinity but it would take more time than I'm willing to spend on it.

If anyone else wants to use this one as a template and go for it you are more than welcome. I'm not even remotely attached to ownership of it.