Skip to content

can someone explain me how level cap works? How many mod are out there that do remove level cap?

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
I'm curious.

Can I reach level 999 by removing the cap?
How many mods are available that do remove the cap?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    assuming this is for bg2, the highest I have seen is a level cap remover that allows you to hit level 50, but in all seriousness if you play all through SoA and ToB you will never hit the level cap without grinding ( I think my absolute best for XP was around 7.2 million a char and the cap is 8 million)

also, the only thing you get for going pass level 40 ( or even 30 for some classes) is just a little bit of HP, and more uses of high level abilities ( and that's IF your class even allows you to have more) and some lore

if you truly wish for your characters to be god like, you can use the EE keeper and edit them the way you wish

my only other assumption is that you might be playing a solo game with a fighter/mage/thief and then I could see why you would want to get rid of the cap

in the past I have used this level cap remover before:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors.php ( the level 50 patch one)

I don't know if it will work for the EE's ( although I don't see why it wouldn't since it probably just over rides the override folder) plus it will also give you some more spell slots for higher level casters ( infact if im not mistaken it will make it so bards can learn all the way up to level 8 spells)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The hard cap is level 50.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    thank you. Would I be able to dual class kensai 36 to mage 36?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Without an EXP cap? I think so. You could even do a kensai 49/mage 50 if you really wanted to. I don't think there's a hard cap to experience.
    Arthas said:

thank you. Would I be able to dual class kensai 36 to mage 36?

only if you had a level cap remover, when dual classing, the experience points for both classes go towards the level cap, so if you have the original level cap of 8 million, you would hit level 36 at 7 million XP and then dual over to mage and be only able to put 1 million XP into your mage class,

but as Artemius_I said, if you had the level cap remover, in theory you could do the kensai 49/mage 50 ( remember your second class has to be 1 level higher than your first class to get all the abilities of your first class back)

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    if you are afraid of hitting the cap too soon which feels kinda bummer you may want to look at certain mods that reduce experience rewards in the game. there is no benefit to those very high levels. basically nothing useful changes.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    thank you guys. Given that I'm going to dual class at level 49, would a kensair or a barbarian be better? Know that I will be using Refinements HLA
    well unless you somehow have some whacky mod that allows a barbarian to dual class, you wont be dual classing a barbarian, so I guess you should stick with a kensai