Skip to content

Do I have To Uninstall SCS Again for BG2?

So have played through a couple of times and I would like to install a few extra mods now, specifically the Edwin romance mod and a few extra content mods (recommendations would be appreciated, thinking G3Anniversary, Return to Brynnlaw ect.).
I also have installed, UB, IEPBanters for those last playthroughs, and installed them in the recommended order.

So the question is, because I keep reading the recommended order of installs, do I have to uninstall SCS, install any new mods, reinstall SCS.

SCS has worked quite well on the playthroughs, a few odd happenings and also I can't use the improved vampires component, makes the game crash, but it's OK enough to want to keep using it.

Last thing, my game is the GOG 1.6(?) version not the 2 or 2.1, don't really want them.

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    You should, yes. It won't break if you don't, but the enemies added by mods won't benefit from SCS AI otherwise.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    I would reinstall from scratch, assuming you are able to. It's less trouble.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @Kurona

Thanks, if that's the only affect, I can accept that. Also with new content, not so sure I want SCS from the get go.

@Mantis37

Thanks. When you say "from scratch", do you mean simply uninstalling using the "uninstall" option within the mod and then reinstalling, or something more extensive?
  • ShandooShandoo Member Posts: 51
    @UnderstandMouseMagic As @Kurona mentioned, you should.
    About other mods: have u thought about g3 tweak pack ?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    @UnderstandMouseMagic I would also suggest you start from scratch. By that I mean don't even bother with uninstalling the mods. Reinstall the entire game and start fresh. On my system, I copy the game to another place on my hard drive, then mod the copy, leaving my original install free from mods. You could even use this method to have different mod combinations active at the same time.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @BillyYank

I rather feared that was what was meant.

I don't have an install free from mods though, so how do I get one/end up with one?
    Too late for me to do a clean copy, I did kind of know I should have copied the game elsewhere before adding anything.
    But then I would have had to know how to do that and that's where everything falls down.

Thanks for answering anyway, I have a daughter who works in IT, she gave up years ago.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Yes, I mean reinstall. It used to be possible to copy a few files from a brand new installation to renew an old one easily but I often just reinstall these days.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Just copy your current modded installation somewhere and reinstall from whatever source you got it from. Pretty sure GOG, Steam and Beamdog all let you reinstall. GOG lets you download a standalone installer, Steam's is called "Repair installation" or something like that. I think the way you would do it with Beamdog is move the folder and the .beam and .status files, then start up the Beamdog app and re-download and install.