Skip to content

After SOD: Adding Items from one EE title to Another

ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
So looking in the EEkeeper files I noticed that not all the new Siege of Dragonspear Items have been added to Baldur's Gate 2 (EE)'s files, meaning they can't even be accessed by the player even through the save editor, which is a shame because I thought some of the rather unique and class specific items could spice up my latest BG2 play through, especially some of the one's you get rather late in SOD and barely have time to play with or one's that beefed up underrepresented weapon categories and classes. And this reminded me also that Icewind Dale EE had its own suite of items that added variety to certain weapon styles, proficiencies and class builds.

So my question is: What's the simplest way to add game specific items from one EE title to another? I know I can copy and add the item files to the override folder, but I assume it will still be missing much of the inventory art and text descriptions. It there a way to do many quickly and in bulk, or will I have to do it more painstakingly item by item, because I would still be willing to do that, since, for the moment, I'm probably most interested in using a few SOD items in BG2 so as to not unbalance my game.

Comments