Skip to content

Problem with scripts in BB2:EE

BakuninBakunin Member Posts: 11
edited January 2017 in Troubleshooting
So I just loaded up Baldurs gate and updated it to 2.0 (or 2.2). Used my older saves from around 2015.

And I cant get any of the scripts to work on my main character or any of my party members.
Not the "new" advanced AI script or just "standard attack".
When my party is close to mobs, my party does nothing even when attacked, so have to micro everything.

The advanced AI will stick, but does nothing
The standard attack does not stick, when chosen - when returning to the script-chosing-interface, the script just says my character will use potions.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this some new bug or bug-related because I updated the game and used an old save file.

Im playing with a blackguard, evil party, that I importet from BB1:EE (I have never played the new Dragonspear)

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah, I've also noticed that the scripts starting bugging out a bit sometimes as well, that's why I made my own scripts using Near Infinity to fix the problem

although I don't know why, the older scripts wouldn't work in your newer patched game though, im pretty sure they haven't been changed

do you have any mods installed?
  • BakuninBakunin Member Posts: 11
    I have no mods installed.

Also my party has no verbal exchange or shout out when seeing mobs. There is no change in behaviour, they just stand there.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hmm, very odd indeed, are you 100% sure they actually have their scripts selected? ( as in, when you look at their character sheet, does it say what script they are using? )
  • BakuninBakunin Member Posts: 11
    I loaded up an earlier save game and started a new game and there it works fine.

So the save file must have been bugged.