Skip to content

XP Cap kicked in when starting TOB

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a solo run on a modded BG2ee and just finished the final battle. At the start of the battle, my character had approximately 15,000,000XP but upon starting Throne of Bhaal his XP has been capped at 8,000,000. I attempted to install the Level 50 mod and use the console to bump his XP back up but with no luck. I also tried another XP cap remover that didn't work either. If anyone could help me out with a step by step process and/or download link to solve this, I'd really appreciate it.

Apologies if this question has already been asked.

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    Sounds to me like you're using a file meant for standard bg2 and not the EE or even ToB.

Uninstall it all and try this http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=973
  • MontuMontu Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your reply. The install was done using The Big World Setup so there must have been a problem somewhere. In looking at the game folder there are two different mods installed: EET_Tweaks and bg2_Tweaks. Should I uninstall all components of both of these and install the new one on that link?
  • MontuMontu Member Posts: 8
    Sorry guys. Can someone give me some confirmation on this?

Much appreciated :D
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    I don't know.

Heavily modded Infinity games are rather fickle, and it's very easy to irrepairably break stuff.

You can try backing up your entire BG folder, remove XP Cap tweak from your current Tweak packs (from BWS) by running the WeiDu installers for each, then using the Beta version to install the cap remover..