Skip to content

How hard is it to play Chapter 9 and above without a thief?

I was thinking of having two spellcasters (Dyna and Neera) instead of a thief (neither Glint nor Safana), but I don't remember how heavy on traps and locks it is . What do you guys think?

Comments

• NightingaleNightingale Member Posts: 61
    Well my danger sensors aren't ringing the way they are every time I think of Durlag's Tower or the Spider section of Cloakwood, so I THINK you should be okay for the most part. The only places you might want to be wary of are the Spider Den and the Temple of Cyric in Chapter 9, and the gates leading to the underground river and the chests in Hephernaan's room in chapter 10. I know for a fact that one of the traps in regard to the latter is a maze trap, and since you're going to need to hightail it out of there as soon as possible after the fight, that's something you're really going to have to worry about if you want the goodies inside.

As far as locks are concerned, so long as you have a few knock spells memorized for the more valuable chests (like those in Hephernaan's room, for example), I don't think that should pose too many problems...
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Thanks @Nightingale , perhaps I should store a couple of Protection from magic scrolls until SoD, huh? That would avoid most of the magical traps, I guess.
  • NightingaleNightingale Member Posts: 61
    @DJKajuru No Problem :) And yeah, I'd say that's probably your best bet, at least for the more dangerous magical ones.