Skip to content

Clara lives????

tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
So, I went into Dragomir's Tomb with the express purpose of being able to walk into the Copper Coronet without. Being pestered. About a treasure. In a tomb.

So I went in and, long story short, Hexxat spoke to me before she killed Clara, I got her to attack, killed her, and Clara was still standing there. I spoke to her, she rejoined, but did so in her possessed voice, saying we must complete the quest. I brought her back in and immediately saved.

Has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    For the record, this is version 1.3.2064 on iOS, no mods, single player, running an elf FMT with Nalia and Aerie.
    I kept playing, and Clara/Hexxat kept pestering me to go to the tomb to find "the treasure". Eventually I got tired of it and just let her leave; she didn't show up at The Copper Coronet.

I am not sure this even qualifies as a bug, more of a quirk, but I thought it worth posting and updating.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    I wonder what would happen if you brought her to the Tomb.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Presumably, unless you put a stake through her heart, you never actually "killed" Clara/Hexxat in the first place.
    Mirandel said:

I wonder what would happen if you brought her to the Tomb.

I loaded an old save, wandered a bit so about 24 hours of game time passed, went into the tomb, and nothing. . I'll keep going until she complains again, then go back and see.
    Okay, I made a few runs back and forth to the d'Arnisse Keep. She was ready to leave the party, I convinced her to stay, and nothing. I even had us sleep there, climb into that one tomb that was needed for the rod, etc.

I think this is more of a quirk than a bug, to be honest.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    "Undocumented feature" :) Well, some people really liked the idea to have Clara around. And since it's legally possible, may be one day someone will write a mod to free her from the curse and use as another talkative and useful companion?
    Yes, I suppose. I didn't find her to be that great a thief, to be honest, particularly as she's unkitted and unable to dual
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited June 2019
    I just had this happen this morning. Clara remained alive with a blue-circle after Hexxat fed. I thought it might have had to do with the Ring of Regeneration but I looked and my Charname was wearing it. I just ctrl-y'd Clara (since she was wearing a Leather +3 I meant for Hexxat to wear) and went on.

Incidentally, I was level-drained and noticed that Hexxat's xp reflected my drained xp and not my real xp. (That should probably be fixed in the future.) When I went back to my quicksave I restored my drained levels and repeated the Clara/Hexxat encounter. This time Clara died as usual. The only mod I use is the xp-cap remover.