Skip to content

Persistant World?

Imo, the ideal videogame for DnD would be a PW of BGii-style of play, in a Forgotten Realms setting. I've been waiting/hoping for this to come along. I try to play my BGii as PW as possible - but eventually you're going to run out of stuff to do unless you want to farm hobgoblins (or similar).

So, barring some sort of massive massive massive BGii expansion, like 'EE plus,' I think the best alternative is to use NWN to re-create the BGii style of play in a PW. Which I guess I am going to do while continuing to play BG/BGii/IWD ee's. Tried doing it with the the BG platform tools, but since I'm used to the NWN toolset, the BG stuff is a pita.

This is not an advertisement for a PW, btw. It will be for personal use. I'm just sayin', how cool would it be if the BG worlds were PW? Even made into a mmorpg PW?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Pretty sure there are NWN builds of BG out there already. Impressive ones, last time I checked. But it's been a few years, maybe the projects are all defunct by now or something?
  • bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    That's pretty interesting.

Could still be around. NWN seems to be having a resurgence lately.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited February 2017
    Here ya go: http://www.nwnlist.com/

There's a NWN2 Persistent World which is pretty active, called "Baldur's Gate: The Sword Coast Chronicles". NWN1 has "Arelith - Cities and Planes", which is set in the Forgotten Realms in Year 1372 DR (which is a few years after the events of the BG series wrap up).

Not really what you're asking for, but I'm a big fan of the NWN2 PW "Sigil: City of Doors", just mention it because it's set in Planescape (in case you want to scratch that PST itch ;) ).