Skip to content

Golem construction mod walkthrouhg

Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
Could any1 give me a walktrough on golem construction? Im playing single run FMT at hardest difficulty, so i dont care about random creatures giving like 65xp, since a there is bloody skeletons with 50% slashing resistance everywhere i just follow a guide and go stright to targets to save time, so i dont explore all ^^ Killing skeletons and random mobs takes to much time.

So if any1 played golem construction mod, plz let me know where to find the correct parts, where to find the book and where to make them? Remember spoilers or PM ^^ BGEE atm. I got a bunch of body parts atm xD

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    The majority of items and their locations are defined in tables. Go into the mod folder "A7!GolemConstruction/tables" and inspect the files items_bg1.2da, items_bg2.2da, ... . The format should be self-explanatory.

For BG1EE:

Golem Manual for Doll Golems can be found in the secret Pirate Cave (accessible from Lighthouse area).

Golem Manual for Bone Dolls can be found in Durlag's Tower, first underground level, in a bookshelf southeast of the level entrance (where you have to fight the three greater dopplegangers).

The file golem_information.txt tells you where you can commission these golems once you found the manuals. In SoD and BG2 you can construct golems yourself.

• Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
    argent77 said:

The majority of items and their locations are defined in tables. Go into the mod folder "A7!GolemConstruction/tables" and inspect the files items_bg1.2da, items_bg2.2da, ... . The format should be self-explanatory.

For BG1EE:

Golem Manual for Doll Golems can be found in the secret Pirate Cave (accessible from Lighthouse area).

Golem Manual for Bone Dolls can be found in Durlag's Tower, first underground level, in a bookshelf southeast of the level entrance (where you have to fight the three greater dopplegangers).

The file golem_information.txt tells you where you can commission these golems once you found the manuals. In SoD and BG2 you can construct golems yourself.

Okay,

Ill write in spoilers to avoid spoil for people ;d

I actually found the bone doll one 2 minuts after i wrote this topic, and checked the table, however, i killed the mage selling potn32 earlier since him and his golems was a total xp value of 8500 xp, after i had bought what spells i needed from him and doing the chicken quest. But i know i have found another one of those pots. And i could use eekeeper to gain the last one, np.
    I read that golem information doc earlier, however it say that in bgee i need help from a powerfull mage. It doesent say which, but im guessing firebeard or the high hedge one. So i hope i havent repeatetly litteratly backstabbed the one man who can make golem for me? xD
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    The in-game tome description text is a bit vague, but the golem_information.txt mentions the mages by name.
  • Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
    argent77 said:

The in-game tome description text is a bit vague, but the golem_information.txt mentions the mages by name.

LOL, I read the document 4 times, now i finally found it^^ Thanks :D Looks like i need 2 more levels and get further in the game xD