Skip to content

[Multiplayer invite] would you like to join a Mulitplayer BG1 or BG2 game? (30 june saturday)

SaberstormSaberstorm Member Posts: 60
Hey all
a week ago some guys played a multiplayer game with people from this forum. I like the idea.

So whats the plan? This game is going to be played on saturday 30. with a small test on friday (not nesscary to join)
before saturday I'm going to (re-)search the web for info on how to play it in multiplayer as it isnt easy to set up as most know espacialy part 1.

I'd like to ask you to post the following things to sign up for a game.
1.Which BG would you like to play? Part 1 or part 2. (you may say both, but most votes wins. Please note part 1 is hard to setup)
2.Your version: (examples GOG version, gold bundle pack, baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast Expansion - Double Pack)
3.Your character: (example; fighter) (you may post as much about your character as you want)
4.Would you like to be the protaganist?
5. Could you post a GMT timeframe on saturday when you can play (we can then fit in the best timeframe for all players)
6. are you availible to test out your BG multiplayer game on friday?

-probbably going to play it on GameRanger http://www.gameranger.com/

notes: date of game may be moved as needed, but saturday is preferred by me.

already found this fix for BG1 (if versions are same);
Solution: If all settings are default. Make the person connecting to the BG1 server connect in Windowed mode, then return to full screen when you enter the game. Alt+Enter will accomplish window to non window switch

Comments

• ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @Saberstorm, first of all, hello!
    I can tell you, @Ward and i played BG-GoG vanilla version-for a few minutes; we got to Beregost, and the game seems to run okay. Now to answer futher:

1. Both are fine for me i guess..
    2. GoG version, no matter wich of the two titles. Here i should also say that Ward, used the hard-disc- release, and everything went fine running with the latest patch:1.3.5521.
    3. Multiclass Ranger/Cleric.
    4. No.
    5. GMT+2, but i can bend it a notch. Saturday the 30th is okay for me, but not matter when we play it, i can't be playing in the evening between 8pm-12am.
    6. Yeah, just let me know and unless something unanticipated goes one, i wont be late.

We should also decide if we need mods(fixpack or widescreen or anything that may seem really important) or not.
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    edited June 2012
    @Saberstorm - If you are interested to play on any other day than Saturday, then I'm game.

1. BG1 with Tales of the Sword Coast
    2. Version patched to 1.3.5521
    3. I can play whatever the group needs. If we don't need anything specific I'll probably go for a Fighter/Thief or maybe a rare gnomish Cleric/Thief :P
    4. Nah, been that too often ^^
    5. GMT +1. I can arrange any day/any time to play except Saturday. Can also go till after midnight.
    6. I guess so.
    Post edited by Daedalus87m on
  • DMZDMZ Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2012
    1. BG1
    2. Original 6-disk set and the DVD collection.
    3. Anything
    4. Don't have to.
    5. GMT+1 between 12 AM and 5 PM
    6. Yes

Widescreen Mod and Item Randomizer are preferable.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2012
    1. BG1, better for a casual gaming run.
    2. 4 in 1 Baldur's Gate UK Import (I live in Aust). Works fine with @Zafiro GoG version. Versio 1.3.5521
    3. Fighter, yeah for sure.
    4. I vote Minsc. Failing that, I would surely make a suitable leader. No one is more worthy. We can adjust the party's 'rights' to give all members the power to do most things (except maybe go to a different map). Fighters make good leaders, since they're at the front and can damage heavy/tank.
    5. GM +10, not sure when I'll be available yet.
    6. Sure, no worries.

Any mods you people like I'm up for, but I'd prefer vanilla. Easier to get ready.

Hey @Zafiro if this person arranges a game for us, don't think you can get out of the one we have going already, I didn't get the opportunity to kill you yet. :D
  • SaberstormSaberstorm Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2012
    Hey great guys! So we can all do a test run on friday.
    -tip: fire up BG1tales of the swoardcoast before we play, because that's what we are going to play apperently and familiarize yourself again with the game if you haven't played for a long time...

i have some questions below for you guys.

@Daedalus87m hey you can't play on saturday? hmm that sucks. because i can only play a lot on saturday. But maybe we can shift it to sunday? (the finals are on sunday is that a problem?)

@DMZ dvd collection does that include tales of the sword coast?

@Ward how do you play as Minsc? 2 characters? Please let us know if your availible on saturday (and maybe sunday? see above). Also..GMT +10? hmm..will have to match a playing time.

the questions:
    A. Daedalus87m can not play on saturday so maybe we can all play on sunday then? Let me know please.
    B.Widescreen mod is no problem for me. Shall we use that guys? EDIT: we really need this when i tested it i hurts how small screen is.
    C. does anyone think that we need the fixpack? is this the one? http://www.baldurdash.org/BG1/bg1fixes.html
    D. also; item randomizer? http://www.gibberlings3.net/item_rand/ i read up on it and apperently it hasn't been tested with tales of the swordcoast. Also i'm afraid that items we really need might not be there when we need them :P

ok i forgot myself heh well here it is:

1: BG1
    2. GOG version
    3. Paladin or thief (pure thief preferd)
    4. NO (please no lol)
    5. GMT+2
    6. yes
    Post edited by Saberstorm on
    edited June 2012
    double post sry
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2012
    @Saberstorm

It warms my heart that you think Minsc would be a better leader than I. :( -sad-

Well you've either got to load a saved game for multiplayer use and assign the slot to a human player (giving them control over him). OR. You've got to start a new game, go to Nashkel and pick him up, then save, reload and assign the slot to a human player.

Multiple characters can be used by one human. By default the leader/host of the game possesses all the slots, but he can give possession of slots to other humans for their own individual control.

Basicly, somebody has to be in charge of Minsc and their own character. Sounds fun.
    edited June 2012
    ok cool just ran a test session with some french guy. it worked great! so were ready for the test on friday

A. it would be nice if you have your character ready to import...however i dont mind if you take the time to create a new one
    B. also download and setup your Game ranger account its free. (But , trouble with free account is that you can only say max 3 letter word in lobby lol)
    C. found a guide for widescreen mod:http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/16489/how-do-i-mod-baldurs-gate-1-gog-edition-with-the-widescreen-mod

@Ward yeah i found that out just a min ago...heh. sure you can have Minsc

does anyone know how much thief skill one needs for the locker in the inn to get the gem thats worth a lot?
    nevermind found out it's 70 points

also we found that speaking over the gameranger voice thingy can cause you to drop out (because GR takes priority)
    edited June 2012
    @Saberstorm - ye, Sunday would be awesome!

Edit: I just remembered, that Euro 2012 final is on Sunday. That could interfere here.
    @Saberstorm - ye, Sunday would be awesome!

Edit: I just remembered, that Euro 2012 final is on Sunday. That could interfere here.
    yeah that right. i forgot since our country lost anyways.
    hmm been trying with Deadalus87m to get it to work but no succes. I had it working 2 hours ago with someone else...we tried everything..
    edited June 2012
    Good news another gameranger user veteran told me how to get it to work if all else fails. though no gaurantees

do the following:

important: (connect to the BG1 server connect in Windowed mode, then return to full screen when you enter the game. Alt+Enter will accomplish window to non window switch)

-the host must start the game through gameranger
    -both must logout of the gamer (quickly!) but don’t close it
    -then the host starts up the game through tcp/Ip
    -meanwhile the joiner does below.
    -Multiplayer --> Connect----> TCP/IP then select TCP/IP as your protocol and press done, then press join game and write your hosts IP adress.
    yep, we just tried it and it works, very stable. Coo!
  • DMZDMZ Member Posts: 39
    Hey great guys! So we can all do a test run on friday.
    -tip: fire up BG1tales of the swoardcoast before we play, because that's what we are going to play apperently and familiarize yourself again with the game if you haven't played for a long time...

@DMZ dvd collection does that include tales of the sword coast?

the questions:
    A. Daedalus87m can not play on saturday so maybe we can all play on sunday then? Let me know please.
    B.Widescreen mod is no problem for me. Shall we use that guys? EDIT: we really need this when i tested it i hurts how small screen is.
    C. does anyone think that we need the fixpack? is this the one? http://www.baldurdash.org/BG1/bg1fixes.html
    D. also; item randomizer? http://www.gibberlings3.net/item_rand/ i read up on it and apperently it hasn't been tested with tales of the swordcoast. Also i'm afraid that items we really need might not be there when we need them :P

the DVD collection included all BG games and expansions (4 DVD set), just need to patch it.
    The item randomizer works fine on my system with Tales. As for not having items when we need them, Quest items are not affected, the rest is just a challenge. If you can't handle a challenge... :P

Also, i usually use Tutu, this addresses most bugs in the system. Maybe an idea?

edited June 2012

the DVD collection included all BG games and expansions (4 DVD set), just need to patch it.
    The item randomizer works fine on my system with Tales. As for not having items when we need them, Quest items are not affected, the rest is just a challenge. If you can't handle a challenge... :P

Also, i usually use Tutu, this addresses most bugs in the system. Maybe an idea?

tutu is hard to start in gameRanger i read somewhere. hmm I'll look it up
    yes i can handel a challange hahah. Does it randomize everything? i would like to get my hands on the gem in the first inn (1000 gp!) So we can all have full start gear equipment. Other then that i personnaly don't care much.

ok. in the separete message discussion we have one not able to attend on sunday and one not able to attend on saturday. so it may be possible that we can all play on friday if everyone is not having to work then .
    DMZ and myself are availible on Friday
    @Ward please let us know if your availible on friday in the latest message discussion and what roll/class your gonna play.
    click on the mail icon next to your name to find it, in the odd chance you don't know