Skip to content

Egg swap in Ust Natha

I have played this game before from the CD's and was able to swap out the Dragon Eggs with no trouble. Now when I try to do this, I am unable to do so. I have tried Various methods of doing so with no success. Every time I do it the entire city turns against me. One example is to have Imoen hasted and cast Improved invisibility on herself, Then run up to the treasury, swap out the eggs and then come back to join the rest of the party. Even with Boots of Etheralness on and activated this method still FAILS. Does anyone have any GOOD ideas about how to swap out the eggs without bring the entire city down on you?

Comments

• DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Moved to the proper section.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

I have played this game before from the CD's and was able to swap out the Dragon Eggs with no trouble. Now when I try to do this, I am unable to do so. I have tried Various methods of doing so with no success. Every time I do it the entire city turns against me. One example is to have Imoen hasted and cast Improved invisibility on herself, Then run up to the treasury, swap out the eggs and then come back to join the rest of the party. Even with Boots of Etheralness on and activated this method still FAILS. Does anyone have any GOOD ideas about how to swap out the eggs without bring the entire city down on you?

From what i have found if the Golems or the 2 Guards at the Door to the Vault turn Red then you must kill them out of range of the rest of the Drow, if any of the other Drow see you killing Golems or the 2 gate guards they will trigger the city to being hostile. The only way it works for sneaking in and out w/o killing anything is if you complete the switch w/o triggering any Golems or the Gate guards, even if they see you for a micro-second you'll have to kill them.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    It's been a while so I'm not sure about that, but I believe sanctuary works here.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yup, Sanctuary is my preferred method.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    edited March 2017
    Borek said:

From what i have found if the Golems or the 2 Guards at the Door to the Vault turn Red then you must kill them out of range of the rest of the Drow, if any of the other Drow see you killing Golems or the 2 gate guards they will trigger the city to being hostile. The only way it works for sneaking in and out w/o killing anything is if you complete the switch w/o triggering any Golems or the Gate guards, even if they see you for a micro-second you'll have to kill them.

You don't have to kill anything even if you don't have sanctuary. If only the golems and the 2 gate guards see you then they won't warn the rest of the city (unless you lead them back to other drow) - just replace the eggs and go invisible immediately.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    You need to enter the egg place under invisibility, swap the eggs and then (very important) take another invisibility potion to stop the golems attacking and to pass the guards.

I always seem to have a problem with improved invisibility, whatever it says, doesn't seem to work the way it should. And definitely swapping the eggs breaks even improved invisibility as I specifically tried this on my last runthrough. Very annoying.
    So spell, go and swap, then quick potion. And of course, turn off the AI otherwise the person doing the swap attacks and breaks invisibility again.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VerminithraxVerminithrax Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Guys A Sanctuary, plus Haste, plus Improved invisibility did the trick. I got the eggs, cast Haste on the rest of the party and got out of Dodge as fast as I could!
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I just wanted to add that Egg swap in Ust Natha sounds like a great culinary themed film noir.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    JoenSo said:

I just wanted to add that Egg swap in Ust Natha sounds like a great culinary themed film noir.

Or a bad movie about zygotes switched in a fertility clinic.