Skip to content

Question About Kangaxx and Equalizer

I really had trouble with Kangaxx on my last play through because I completely forgot that +3 weapons couldn't hurt him. Any general help with him would be appreciated.

On a more specific note, do Equalizer bonuses apply to him? Or would it do nothing since the Equalizer is technically a +3 weapon? What if I equipped it in the off hand and used a short sword +4 in the main hand? Would the bonuses take effect for the main hand?

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

I really had trouble with Kangaxx on my last play through because I completely forgot that +3 weapons couldn't hurt him. Any general help with him would be appreciated.

On a more specific note, do Equalizer bonuses apply to him? Or would it do nothing since the Equalizer is technically a +3 weapon? What if I equipped it in the off hand and used a short sword +4 in the main hand? Would the bonuses take effect for the main hand?

Weapon bonuses are specific to each hand, so no, it won't affect the main hand, Equalizer strikes as a +3 so nope it won't damage him. Azure-Edge (if you can use it), Upgraded Mace of Disruption, Daystar, The Burning Earth are probably the weapons that are relatively easy to obtain and are highly effective on him. Staff of Rhynn will also hit him although doesn't have any specific bonuses, Short Sword of Mask also. A lot of other weapons work too of course but depends when you want take him on, if you have Equalizer then you probably have The Wave depending how you dealt with the caverns, if you went that route, Dragon's Breath is a +4 Halberd you should have if you have done Underdark.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Labyrinthodont
    If you want the cheesy way out of Kangaxx, ofc there is that scroll :wink: , followed by weapons like Staff of Magi, Carsomyer (both available before Asylum), Short bow of gensen (after Asylum) etc etc
  • Bubbles said:

@Labyrinthodont
    If you want the cheesy way out of Kangaxx, ofc there is that scroll :wink: , followed by weapons like Staff of Magi, Carsomyer (both available before Asylum), Short bow of gensen (after Asylum) etc etc

I can think of a cheesier way to deal with Kangaxx. 7 traps. Of course that still leaves you with a big problem called "Trap the Soul".