Skip to content

The Optimal Zoom In Screen?

KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
I remember back when I used to play Baldur's Gate years ago that I remember the characters would always be up close as back then computer resolution was pretty limited, and wide screen function didn't exist yet.

The thing is I don't remember exactly just how close the characters were on the screen now, so basically let's say I zoom all the way in, and then how many times will I need to zoom out to get the right look like how it used to be back in the old days? Just zoom out once or twice? I know zooming all in the way in doesn't look right as I don't remember the original BG being that close up (or least I think so).

It's for nostalgia purposes for people like me, personally I'm glad they did away with Resolution Adjusting since that caused so many issues with older games.

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    If you still have old copy of Baldur's Gate, then you can take a screenshot of your starting point (character before Candlekeep Inn) as a reference. Then, while setting the zoom in enhanced edition take notice of the proportion of the character to the screen, at what point the screen is cropped and so on. You'll get it eventually.

Sorry if I sound too confusing. I'm not native english speaker.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2017
    For Reference:

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition fully zoomed in

Baldur's Gate Original

Post edited by Bigfish on
    Kaliesto
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Thanks! The screenshot helps! :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I almost always play all the way zoomed in. Feels more immersive to me. I used to play bg1 and bg2 originals on 640x480 res. too.
    I noted that 2.0+ allowed even more closer zoom in than before.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The sprites in EE get really blurry when zoomed in to original BG aspect. Sometimes I play original unmodded BG just to enjoy the beautiful clarity of those sprites.
    AndreaColombo
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    You know that is actually a good idea for a optional mod where you can lock the zoom to be similar to 640x480 in the gameplay options!