Skip to content

Tony DiTerlizzi portraits... please!

I am a absolutely huge fan of the Planescape setting beyond Torment. When I was in middle school, I owned all the Planescape box sets and would spend hours pouring over all the little booklets and memorizing the maps and creature statistics and wondering how Duke Rowan Darkwood could dual class at level 19... But what I loved the most about the setting was Tony DiTerlizzi's quirky art; it really gave the setting a unique flavor and, for me at least, made Planescape Planescape.

I, more than anyone, appreciate the restraint BeamDog has shown by leaving the game in as pristine a state as possible. However, there is one change I think would better the game beyond the quality-of-life improvments. I think *pretty much everyone* can agree that the character portraits look absolutely terrible and could be improved!

My solution? Just think how cool would it be if Tony DiTerlizzi got a shot at drawing the eight playable characters. :) He has done some pictures that could pass for Nordom and Dak'kon, but it would be nice to get a consistent set of portraits for all the characters.

Is it possible that BeamDog could start a small kickstarter for this? I'd happily chip in 50. ;)

Here is some of Tony's Planescape art. So damn good! All these images are posted on his website.

AndreaColomboKamigoroshiCalmarDanathionBaptordockaboomskiCrevsDaakKenjiMonoCanallasparkleavDJKajuru

Comments

• BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    I agree, to me Tony D's art makes Planescape what it is. I'm fine with leaving the game alone, but if we DID find some art that fit OR if Tony was willing to do some renditions for us....