Skip to content

Deleting broken quest entries

Hello!

I get stressed when quest entries do not properly go away or grey out when the quests are completed or broken.

For example the Valen's Mistress quest. I'm in Chapter 3 now so I can't do that quest. It's just there in my journal. Staring me rebelliously in the face.

Or the Meet Tolgerias quest... and the Hunt for Valygar. Both broken but not listed as finished or anything proper.

I tried deleting the entries with EEKeeper but they keep reappearing...

:[

Any advice much appreciated!

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    You would probably have to set the global variables for each of the quests that is showing incorrectly, to change them to completed. Will likely require much trial and error and can potentially have unseen consequences tho, so definitely keep an unmodified save game.

Basically all the game events such as quests have a flag, those flag values will determine the status and picking the correct ones for the quests in question *should* rectify the quest log. Ultimately incorrectly flagged quests showing in the quest log as unfinished, but actually finished in game, do not usually matter at all, it is almost always a journal glitch.

My OCD also hates this bug, but i only mess with the quest flags if they mess up on a step, it's a lot of effort for something that is only noticed if you open the quest journal :wink:
  • MasklinMasklin Member Posts: 23
    Hm. I'll just have to live with it then, I guess. Feel like you're correct in that it's a lot of trouble for a 'small' benefit.

:]

Thank you!