Skip to content

The Gap in the Twin-Line Formation

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
Okay...

This one has always been there, but I started playing again and it gets to me. Not sure if its a bug... or just annoying... or just me.

Has anyone else noticed the gap that continually occurs in the twin-line formation? I don't think this gap existed in the original, and for some with obsessive tendencies, like myself, it drives me nuts. I've attached a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

See the gap between the first row of 2, and the second row of two?

Here's what it should look like in my opinion.

By twin-line formation, I mean the formation of 3 and 3 (far left formation).

Thoughts?
Post edited by HaHaCharade on

Comments

• Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    I never really paid attention to these details before, but you are right. There is a gap between the first row and the back rows in two formations:

However, the same gap can be seen in original BG2 too:

I don't see anything wrong with it though. The first row is usually reserved for melee fighters, so it's actually a good idea to have a greater gap between the front line and the back.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I agree with at @argent77 's post, but now it is going to bug me everytime I notice it.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    @argent77 Wow! I swear it wasn't as noticeable in my original BG, or I would have gone crazy long ago!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Yulaw9460 said:

Well... My immediate thought is that I've never given it any thought. Nor can I remember any time it has been a factor in my party's survival. And I doubt that it has. I use the same formation.

Not questioning in game use in terms of practicality or party effectiveness, as much as aesthetics.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hmm interesting, I haven't used that formation in like 16 years, I always use the one that tightens the formation up which is this one:

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @HaHaCharade 'The devil is in the details' is an old but valid expression I use sometimes. We tend to notice little things after a while. In the building trade, after a while I would just automatically pick out flaws in construction wherever I went. Same goes for BG it appears, I know it does for me. Good eye on that.