Skip to content

Language Options - Diffrent voice / txt

Hi Guys! I am having a problem with EE. I would like to play the game with English dub and Polish txt. Is it possible somehow? I dont see that in options and I really dont like the Polish dub.

Comments

• taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Hm..

In the Planescape Install directory, go to /lang/PL_pl/data and rename or delete the voice.bif file. That should work to get you English voice and Polish text/menus.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Same concern here.

My first time playing PS:T was a few years ago and at that time, the only available non pirated version was the English one from GOG where I would just patch in the translated txt and the voice would stay in English.

So when I launched the Enhanced Edition yesterday, I was absolutely shocked to hear the French voices. The quality of the acting is beyond horrendous. TNO sounds like he is a teenager and Morte just has a boring as fuck voice.

@taclane Do you think that works on steam? Don't want to mess up to much with game files or break achievements etc.

If we could get an ingame option, that would be awesome :)
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Mera said:

Do you think that works on steam? Don't want to mess up to much with game files or break achievements etc.

@Mera Sure! I don't see why it wouldn't work. :smile:

1. Right-click the game in your steam library, then select Properties.
    2. Select the "Local Files" tab then "Browse Local Files..."
    3. After the Planescape install directory pops up, go to /lang/fr_FR/data and delete or rename voice.bif

Once you do that, the voice acting should "revert" to english.
    Will give it a try this evening, thanks.
    And It works like a charm, sooooooo much better now.
    Thanks again sir :)