Skip to content

6th party member

Pc fighter/mage longsword scim axes
Pc2 fighter/thief katanas shortsword
Pc3 berserker 13/cleric flails and hammrrs
Jaheria (romance) staffs
Nalia bow and main mage

Used minsc till i picked up switched valygar for planer prison now have keldorn only problem is I hate keldorn (people are going to hate me) he is boring sending him off to his family. Almost done wrapping up all of pre spell hold quests so imoen will be to far behind. Not sure who to pick up or just stick with 5

3 created characters all front line aswell as jaheria so another fighter dosnt really fit

Have 2 devine and 2 arcane casters arguably 1.5 arcane do to fighter/mage self buffing and debuffing only And 4 fighters

Aerie would fit in well I guess but don't really need more divine. That being said anomen is out. Keldorn valygar and mazzy are out do to enough frontlines. Jan dosnt work don't need another thief.

Basically down to
haer'dalis or imoen

Comments

• profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    a bard would be a good choice for this party. Or just stick with 5. Or more ranged support (valygar with longbow or mazzy with shortbow)
  • proghead3proghead3 Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2017
    Two divine casters for buffing and more. Two arcane casters for debuffing and more. A thief... you have everything you need. I prefer warrior-heavy sets, personally. I'd toss in a low maintenance warrior to utilize one or two of the ~30 sick weapons in this game. Keldorn is OP, but if you can't handle him... Mazzy and Sarevok are best in my opinion. (I exclude Korgan because I hate rep management.) Literally anything works with your comp though.
  • jtdroleplayerjtdroleplayer Member Posts: 55
    I prefer warrior heavy aswell. I love the party I have going and just ran through umar hills got keldorns sword now kinda want him back lol or mazzy tough call as its a little late to have ideal pips. nalia is my only ranged attacker atm mazzy would be helpfull but not for much longer once I'm in tob.officially done all quests before spell hold shy ofa few straggler quests off to kill liches now before I leave for spellhold. Tried Haer'dalis and meh he dosnt fit in.

So either mazzy with terrible pips. Minsc kind of useless imho keldorn or valygar I don't back stab often or if at all so he is kinda ruled out.

Looks like I'm stuck with keldorn lol but I like having my npcs do things other then hack and slash. I could take imoen but I haven't saved up any scrolls to give her amsnwoth my fighter/mage and nalia I don't have decent robes for her either.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Mazzy, Mazzy is the best.
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156
    @Thacobell: You are sooner or late going to get me to try Mazzy, at least until Spellhold. Nice advocacy
    I love mazzy but for her to shine u need to rush to get her
    Okay, you guys, next SP runthrough, I'm gonna go get Mazzy, and if she doesn't work out, I'm gonna send Boo after you!
    My only suggestion is rush to get her asap don't need to clear the dungeon just rescue mazzy that way you have her before it automatically sets her next pip in long swords if you do this she is a force
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

I love mazzy but for her to shine u need to rush to get her

She still shines brightly if you don't necessarily rush. Maybe not an O star, but certainly a B or an A. #nerd
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    My 3 choices would be:
    1) take Mazzy and invest all future points into short bows and make her a more of an archer.
    2) leave the spot free for when you get Sarevok in ToB.
    3) pick up Wilson because bears are cool

My only suggestion is rush to get her asap don't need to clear the dungeon just rescue mazzy that way you have her before it automatically sets her next pip in long swords if you do this she is a force

Give me a hint on how to get the Umar quest before you clear out the CC or D'AK
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    Talk to the boy in front of the council building in the government district.

Talk to the boy in front of the council building in the government district.

Okay, that did it. I'm on my way