Skip to content

Importing party into BG II

Hi guys!
I've never played BG 2, and didnt finished BG I when i first played.
I'm going to play BG 1 again and this time i'd like to make an evil party. Thing is i read that BG 2 treats has if you played with some already choosen npc's (Khalid, Mincs, etc...), i'd like to know if i make an evil party in BG 1 (Edwin, Viconia, etc...) will i lose the lore consistency of the game?

Thanks !! :)

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Yes. No matter what you do in BG1, when you start BG2 it will assume that you adventured with the "canon party", which is very much good-aligned-- Khalid and Jahiera, Minsc and Dynaheir, and Imoen.

In fact, there is only one evil thing you can do that will have any impact whatsoever on how BG2 plays out.
    If you kill Drizzt and have his equipment on you when you import into BG2, then you'll run into an encounter later on with people who are a wee bit miffed about it. But if you don't have his equipment on you when you import-- even if you actually did kill him-- the game doesn't know and doesn't pester you about it.

While very little of your choices actually import over, you have the option through dialogue to flesh out your story some. For instance, when you run across Edwin and Xzar you could say something equivalent to "Who are you?", something equivalent to "Don't you recognize me, we adventured together for months?" or something equivalent to "Didn't I kill you?"

But again, all of these dialogue options are available regardless of what you actually did, and none of them have any impact on how BG2 plays out.
  • MagodarkMagodark Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2017

@SomeSort Thanks for answering!
    Yes, i tought it would be really weird, spendind the whole game with the evil party and when start the second, it feels like i'm best friends with Imoen, that kinda sucks