Skip to content

My first no reload run - Summary

This may give you a laugh.

I made a CN human shadowdancer. Did the whole candlekeep thing. Got Imoen. Went to next area over skipping Monty and Xzar. Imoen died to a wolf on the way to Friendly Arm Inn. Ran around feared while the guards killed that mage dude. Picked up Jaheira and Khalid. Made my way south towards beregost. Lost Jaheira to an ogre. Reached Beregost. Picked up Neera. Went back to area to get Monty and Xzar. Lost Xzar to the spiders west of Feldpost Inn. Picked up Kagain. Tried to make my way south to Nashkel. Lost Monty to an orgrillan. Ran across some Amnish soldiers that thought I was a bandit. Told them to arrest us. They attacked us. Lost Kagain after managing to kill one of the three. Neera distracted the last two while I drank a potion of invis and ran away. Lost Neera. Limped back to Beregost with 2 hp left.

I think I lost xD

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    This is why you make your required sacrifice of a goat and fourty blonde virgins before tempting RNG with something like this.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I forgot to mention that Garrick died to Silke before getting a chance to join.

Anyway, I started a second no reload game. An archer this time. Imoen and I got waylaid while transitioning from map one to map two. Wild dogs killed us.

I lose again.
  • KahenrazKahenraz Member Posts: 70
    You can always resurrect dead party members.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    My first no reload run saw me die to a random encounter that included like 8 bandits on the area transition from FAI and the second forest zone from Candlekeep lol. Good times :D
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Gallenger said:

My first no reload run saw me die to a random encounter that included like 8 bandits on the area transition from FAI and the second forest zone from Candlekeep lol. Good times :D

When I've done no-reload in the past, I've specifically ruled at the outset that it was actually going to be no-reload*.

*except in the case of the bandit archer ambush, because seriously, screw that noise.
    Kahenraz said:

You can always resurrect dead party members.

True, but would a CN thief part with his money to do so? Does he really care all THAT much about Nashkel? Durn roleplaying xD

@Gallenger , you share my pain/amusement!
    @SomeSort , maybe I should initiate such a caveat, also lol.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I just wish the game was able to react to your Charname being the kiss of death to NPC.

Hit Nashkel,
    Minsc,
    "no thankyou, I'm perfectly capable of rescuing my own damsel in distress, no really, it's no bother, I'll do it myself just as soon I can get round to it. She's really in no danger, those gnolls can be very understanding, gentlemanly even, I'm sure she's fine."

Edwin.
    "hey you simians, step away, do not approach lest you receive a fireball to the face. Go assist that large ape standing over there. He has a most important task that requires your lowly skills unlike myself who has no need of such incompetance (that should kill the witch if all else fails)".

@UnderstandMouseMagic

Oh my gosh, I'm dying of laughter right now!
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

@UnderstandMouseMagic

Oh my gosh, I'm dying of laughter right now!

Nah, you've got 2 HP left. :D
    It's the NPC who are breathing their last, spread over the Sword Coast like the discarded playthings of an overactive toddler.

SHAME ON YOU. :'(

edited April 2017
    You're right! I have 2 hp left! I should just play with a different objective: lead all npc to meet their gods! It's not over, yet! Thank you for renewing my hope 8D

Should have named it Vash.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Ironically it is easier to solo a shadow dancer than to have him in a party. So even running out of party members shouldn't be an issue. just need to get down stealth timing so you can be perma invis.
    edited May 2017
    Grum said:

Ironically it is easier to solo a shadow dancer than to have him in a party. So even running out of party members shouldn't be an issue. just need to get down stealth timing so you can be perma invis.

Hmm, perma invis is possible? When I attack something, my stealth isn't available for a while, usually long enough for something to damage me/CC me. How does perma invis timing work?

Edit:
    This really has me tempted to try a solo shadowdancer run. If I can find some easy ways for a low level thief to get some xp, I guess he would level up rather quickly. I should probably finish a normal run, first, though. I've never yet actually completed this game xD