Skip to content

Amazing stats roll!

2»

Comments

• fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    edited April 2017
    I have a shape shifter that's sitting on like 98points or some such. I should probably screenshot it and add it to the thread but work makes me too tired to put in the effort.

not to mention Shape shifter is kind of a sad character to have it on. Though I did download sara's werewolf form changes to at least mostly take advantage of it.

edit: looking I think it was actually 96 points. but still.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    96 is really great, too! It's hard to get good rolls on a druid. I can relate to the sad character thought. When I made the dragon disciple, I was like, 'I just want to make a silly sorcerer that uses mainly touch spells and fights on the front lines, for the hell of it.' That great roll almost feels wasted xD
    For me it was like "Half of the stats I could put this in would be wasted because they get overwritten." As I was looking at it on the screen. I had the screen still up trying to decide where to put points like all 18's in int, wis, and Cha because I'd stay shape changed most of the time and things like that. It was still putting a bunch of points in the other stats. And I ran across that druid mod that gave pluses instead of straight stat-lock changes and went "Ok. I can work with what I rolled." So I put a bunch of points into his physicals. Still have like 17 or 18 cha and I want to say I did 18 charisma. Then put the rest into the phsycial's so that the modifiers would push my scores up to the 18 limit or higher for shape changed fighting. Saved it. Installed the mod. And except for some weird names stuck to the innate shape change ability it works fine and I get more out of those stats than I would have.
    Sounds like a fun mod. I think, for a druid, it makes sense that their wildshape forms would depend in some degree on the normal form. A healthy druid should make a healthy bear/wolf/etc, right? Whereas if one is weak, that inherent state should carry over, I would think. A weak druid would make a weak bear/wolf/etc. But even in 3rd ed., physical stats just get overwritten. Though there was a cool take on a shapeshifting druid in the Unearthed Arcana book, if I'm remembering correctly. That druid had a set number of forms it could take, and depending on which form taken, rather than replacing stats, it enhanced them. But, the downside was not being able to turn into a beetle xD. Well, that took an epic feat or a certain prestige class, even with a normal druid . . . ok enough rambling from me.
    well that's basically the shifter druid. It can only change into a werewolf. Can't wear armour. But with that particular mod installed the char's base stats are enhanced when the form is taken and as you increase in level the enhancements increase a bit. really only for what it can hit in normal werewolf form. But in a much bigger variety in greater werewolf form when you pick it up in SoA.
  • laeknirlaeknir Member Posts: 58

I'm in shock, had to share! 102!:

Wow, excellent! :smiley:
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    SomeSort said:

Given the class, that's the most impressive roll I've ever seen. Congrats!

The universe apparently appreciated the positive energy I sent out and just rewarded my most recent Dragon Disciple with a 98 of his own. It's no 102, but I'll take it. :)
    SomeSort said:

SomeSort said:

Given the class, that's the most impressive roll I've ever seen. Congrats!

The universe apparently appreciated the positive energy I sent out and just rewarded my most recent Dragon Disciple with a 98 of his own. It's no 102, but I'll take it. :)
    Gratz! That's pretty awesome, too! Aside from rangers and paladins, I so rarely see anything over 96, and 96 is nigh unreachable, itself.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    There is something about the dragon disciple. Tried rolling one once. My third roll was a 98
    edited May 2017

There is something about the dragon disciple. Tried rolling one once. My third roll was a 98

You...you mean..our rolls...weren't special? O..oh . . . .
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I have been playing since the early days, and will generate thousands of stat rolls every time I create a new PC, and have had only two 98s in almost 2 decades. Trust me, your rolls are special :)
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350

98 is special. Have only rolled 98 three times in 15 years. Two times with a paladin, and then with a dragon disc. The paladins make sense but the dragon disciple left me wondering..
    yeah. I've had a number of 96's... I can count the number of 98's on one hand and I may have had one total that's over 100. and I bought BG when it came out. Have it in a DVD copy(where certain maps are actually slightly different) and in a multi-cd set.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2017

98 is special. Have only rolled 98 three times in 15 years. Two times with a paladin, and then with a dragon disc. The paladins make sense but the dragon disciple left me wondering..
    Looking at it, the Dragon Disciple has a minimum of 15 in Charisma, a minimum of 14 in Dex, and a minimum of 10 in strength, which isn't quite as good as the Paladin's 17/13/12 minimums, but it's still pretty good overall. They're roughly as good as a Ranger when it comes to rolling.

Like Rangers and unlike Paladins, DDs can also be Elves to pick up some extra racial minimums. An Elven DD has minimums of 10/14/6/8/3/15, (why a minimum in Str/Dex instead of Con? No clue!) Which means really any time they're hitting a 17 or 18 in Wisdom is probably going to result in a pretty high roll.

(My 98 came on a Dwarven Dragon Disciple, thanks to a restriction-lifting mod. 10/14/12/3/3/15 minimums, which means hitting an 18 on INT and WIS alone gets me to 87 on a roll, even if everything else is a minimum.)
    Elves also have the advantage of adding an extra point into the score on every roll. It does make a difference. Like for example when I was picking between my half-orc fighter and considering a human just to get back into things. I noticed the half-orc consistently rolled just a bit higher for me.

I'm honestly not sure the stat engine subtracts anything unless you hit certain thresh-holds. But it always seems to add to rolls the rolls with any positive modifiers gained or needed to meet minimums.
  • AxieAxie Member Posts: 23
    pukingdog wrote: »
    must have been a wild surge 8-)

I tried for fun, picked up Elf -> Mage -> Wild Mage and roled 101... Dam...