Skip to content

Skie banters not appearing?

I currently have Eldoth, Skie and Garrick in the same party and was hoping to hear their banters, but they've been silent for quite a while now. I was wondering if there was a way to check if something has bugged out, and if so how to fix it?

Eldoth sometimes insults Garrick, who responds, other times he insults someone but there is no reply. I wonder if Skie is meant to reply at that moment but isn't doing it for some reason.

Garrick hasn't spoken to Skie at all, and Skie doesn't say anything (without clicking on her,) except for when she is fatigued. I hope I just need to be more patient.

Comments

• TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Idk how to check if something's wrong, but the banters can take almost forever to trigger. I once played almost the whole game with Xzar/Monty and Jaheira/Khalid for instance before they finally came to blows.
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Yes, I later got one banter between Garrick and Skie. Nothing further so far. Maybe you have to have them stand still for a while?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2017
    The chance of them appearing is pretty small. But holding down

Ctrl + i

(when the console is enabled) should trigger them.

There is also the banter accelerator mod

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64551/mod-banter-accelerator-for-enhanced-edition-games