Skip to content

Help with next run after loosing data

cbones9889cbones9889 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 41
I have been forced to reformat my computer and lost the 2 runs that I was working on (F->D dual and Undead Hunter using Flails).
Can the wonderful people here give me some help with choosing a charname to run. I am looking to start them in BG2EE.

I will be running an un modded game
Full party
Looking for something different than my last 2 runs

Any help will be appreciated!

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Avenger Druids are a ton of fun, in my opinion-- basically like the divine caster equivalent of a mage. Web is awesome in the early game, Chaos is awesome in the mid-game, and being a pureclass Druid lets you race to those level 14 / 15 power bumps, at which point you get to spam stuff like Insect Plague and Summon Fire Elemental and Nature's Beauty.

Fighter/Clerics are a fun run, IMO. Dwarven F/Cs are monstrous tanks-- with Hardiness, Armor of Faith, and Defender of Easthaven they can reduce physical damage by 85%, plus shorty saves, Death Ward, and Chaotic Commands to take care of the magical threats.

For something completely different, a Half Orc F/C Slinger is low-key one of the more powerful ranged attackers in the game. It's trivial to get up to 25 strength, (slings do get bonus damage from strength), plus there's a sling you can buy from the beginning that hits as a +5 weapon.

If you really want to make an awesome slinger, a Priest of Lathander who dualed to Fighter is actually the most damaging possible ranged attacker in the entire game, beating out both an Archer and a Kensai even despite their damage bonuses. (Technically the Kensai can edge back past him if you use a Half Orc who was imported from BG1 and go evil in Hell to reach 24 strength.)

(Plus Priest of Lathander > Fighter duals are just super-stylish in general.)