Skip to content

Party Morale Guide

I have been searching for a thorough guide on the "secret" morale stat of the various party members, and I simply could not find one. Could anyone please direct me to such a guide or post one here?

Comments

• fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited May 2017
    IIRC, there was in the PST: Tweak pack by Qwinn (requires the original game, I'm afraid) an option to display party morale on the character sheet. E.g. Dak'kon: "Morale: 20"
    (after learning the way of Zerthimon described by Karl above). 20 is the top score for morale in AD&D 2nd edition as far as I remember.
  • MaciaszMaciasz Member Posts: 8
    Thank you, but I could still use a proper guide, if one is available. Furthermore, how can one get Dak'kon to have low morale AND finish the Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon?
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    In that case you'd need high INT and WIS and be kind to Dak'kon regarding the Circle, but a total a** otherwise.
  • MaciaszMaciasz Member Posts: 8
    What about other party members? The Dan Simpson guide has a few instances of mentioning actions that will affect morale in one way or another, but I could find no concrete list.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    I don't think there is a concrete list. In general, figure out what each party member likes and then act accordingly.
  • bizarro__stormybizarro__stormy Member Posts: 1
    The one thing that really bummed me out when I played the original version was that, despite how nice I attempted to treat Dak'kon, I could never "unchain" his Karach blade. I now *know* that this was most likely because of a bug with how the game treated morale. So on my good EE version play-through I'm hopeful I can finally get his streaming blade. That being said, I don't recall getting the 6000 exp message mentioned in the spoiler above. Is anyone aware if it's exceedingly difficult to get his streaming blade, or can I overcome a blunder or two?
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited May 2017
    @bizarro__stormy Difficult to say, since you can't view your companions current morale number (without mods), and second, the karach blade only change if the said morale is attained, and at specific levels (fighter level + morale). Meaning you have to complete certain conditions before each crucial level up.
    I'm not 100% sure of which of these conditions you actually have to fulfill, but, if you do everything that is written in my spoiler (above), before the last weapon change, you will get the streaming blade, i guarantee it.
    According to Fkirenecus post above, option 5 might be enough.