Skip to content

Swashbuckler's No-Reload (or few reloads) attempt

2»

Comments

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    oh i missed something, can you describe your revised archer ? i really interested about it too.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Pretty simple; rather than getting +1/3levels damage, he gets +30% ranged damage bonus at level 1, then +1% until level 20. Every 4 levels +1 ranged THAC0, up to level 20. Called shot no longer drains stats, and doesn't penalize save vs spell but vs breath.
    Hm, the idea ia great but if the dmg and other bonuses are not significant, the vanilla fighter seems better option, or not ? The arrows dmg is so low and with 50% bonus is not a huge deal compared to plain +4-5 dmg bonus. Maybe some inculeded critical effect, like bonus apr, 1% chance to instakill or whatever :D But i waiting for this :)
    The damage bonus isn't so great early on, no. When you combine it with a decent enough weapon + Grandmastery, the 50% bonus damage is pretty nice, if you use some mod that gives arrows bonus damage due to enchantment level (Item Revisions, aTweaks - ) it's even better. And you get it far earlier than vanilla bonus. The caveat is that the damage increase is bigger the more proficient you are in the chosen weapon. If you only invest 1 pip in crossbows, it's imo logical you don't get much bonus damage. I do want to give him some bonus at level 20, but I'm unsure what. Kensai gets permanent max damage each hit, which is awesome with big weapons, but that doesn't imo fit the archer theme. Granting them a critical hit effect is easy enough, but I'm reluctant to do this simply because Critical Strike HLA would always apply this effect, making it very hard to balance out.
    I'll think about it.
    If not critical hit effect, than sarevok style, 1-5% chance passive effect or effets. Its like crit but not the same :) Or bonus effect when smbody is held, slowed, entangled.
    Is it released ? :)
    :( I've got cought up in some other stuff, but I'll try to weidu it up today. No promises.
    It's done, but my lame connection won't allow uploads now :/
    Anyhow, these are the descriptions, hopefully in an hour or 2 I'll post the link.

Swashbuckler:
    SWASHBUCKLER: Whereas many warriors brave battle encased in suits of armor and wielding large and powerful weapons, swashbucklers rely on speed, agility, and panache. Swashbucklers dart in and out of the fray, wearing down opponents with lunges and feints, all while foiling the powerful attacks against them with a flick of the wrist and a flash of the blade. Their deft parries and fatal ripostes are carnage elevated to an art form. Some may be arrogant and devil-may-care, but behind this veneer lie people deeply dedicated to their craft. Those of smaller races are particularly driven to prove that the right mix of discipline and daring is the perfect counter to size and strength, and enjoy nothing more than taking down lumbering brutes and bullies.
    Combining fancy footwork with quick and precise lunges, swashbucklers dart in and out of battle, harassing and thwarting their opponents. These fast and agile combatants serve as protectors for spellcasters and flank mates for rogues and slayers, while waiting for the opportunity to show panache and score the killing blow on some lumbering hulk. Swashbucklers often face death with wry humor, mocking it with jabbing wit.

Advantages:
    - is considered ambidexterous (+2 off-hand THAC0)
    - starts with +2 bonus to Armor class, which increases by one every 4 levels, up to +6 at level 17
    - gains +1 bonus to his Breath saves at levels 2, 10 and 19
    - from level 4, Swashbucklers gain "Swift Parry" ability. Each of their successful melee hits has a 25% chance to grant the swashbuckler an immediate extra attack and an extra +2 AC bonus vs melee weapons. This ability improves at levels 12 and 19, granting the swashbuckler +1 luck (at 12th) and +2 to his melee damage (at 19th) for the next round.
    - at level 14, gains a permanent +1 Luck bonus.
    - at level 15, can use "Evasion" HLA 1x/day
    - gains +1 to melee THAC0 at levels 5, 9, 13 and 17

Disadvantages:
    - cannot backstab.
    - cannot set traps

Kensai:
    This class's name, which means "sword saint" in the common tongue, refers to a warrior who has been specially trained to be one with weapon. The kensai is deadly, fast, and trained to fight without the protection of armor. (Note: Despite its common name, a Kensai may use any melee weapon with which is proficient.)

Advantages:
    – +2 bonus to Armor Class against melee weapons.
    – gains a 30% bonus to melee damage at level 1, +1% for each level up to level 20; for a maximum of 50%.
    – May use the Kai ability once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.
    - at level 10, gains +4 bonus to weapon speed factor
    - at level 20, all melee hits inflict maximum damage on the oponnent.

KAI: For 5 rounds, kensai gains +5 to his Critical hit chance.

Disadvantages:
    – May not wear any armor.
    – May not use missile weapons.
    – May not wear gauntlets or bracers.
    – Alignment restricted to any non-chaotic

Archer:
    The Archer is the epitome of skill with the bow—the ultimate marks, able to make almost any shot, no matter how difficult. To become so skilled with the bow, the Archer has had to sacrifice some of proficiency with melee weapons and armor.

Advantages:
    – starts with a +2 bonus to ranged THAC0 at level 1, and gains additional +1 at levels 10 and 20
    – May achieve Grand Mastery (5 slots) in longbows, shortbows, and crossbows.
    – gains a 30% bonus to missile damage at level 1, +1% for each level up to level 20; for a maximum of 50%.
    – May use the Called Shot ability once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.
    - at level 20, gains a permanent +2 bonus to his Critical hit chance

CALLED SHOT: All successful ranged attacks within the next 10 seconds have the following cumulative effects besides normal damage, according to the level of the Archer:
    4th level: -1 penalty to target's THAC0 for 15 seconds.
    8th level: -1 penalty to target's Saving Throws vs. Breath for 15 seconds.
    12th level: -1 penalty to the target's Strength score for 15 seconds.
    16th level: +2 bonus to damage roll.

Disadvantages:
    – May not wear any metal armor.
    – May only become Proficient (one slot) with melee weapons.
    – May not use the Charm Animal ability
    Danacm said:

It is. Link.
    Let me know if I messed something up; I haven't tested it but it should work.
    Aasim said:

Danacm said:

It is. Link.
    Let me know if I messed something up; I haven't tested it but it should work.
    Thank bro :) Tomorrow i'll have time to try it!
    Swashbucklers cmon :D