Skip to content

Strongholds conflict question (*minimal spoiler*)

Does anyone know what the trigger is for finalizing your stronghold choice for dual/multi-class characters? I.E: Bloodscalp offers me the guild as reward for the Mae'var quest - is accepting enough to block me from later pursuing another stronghold, or would I have to actually complete the Mae'var questline and gain the stronghold to be barred from gaining my other class' stronghold?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Once you accept a stronghold, you are blocked from other options.
  • MoribunnyMoribunny Member Posts: 21
    Alright, a bunch of playing hours later I found out that isn't true. I accepted the Mae'var quest on a promise from Bloodscalp that I can have the guild. I didn't finish it until after I dualed into a cleric and acquired the cleric stronghold. Then when I finished Mae'var, Bloodscalp had apparently forgotten his promise and paid me money instead.
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    The Thieves guild stronghold only becomes yours once you return for the reward as I recall. It's not yours at the point where you ask for it for the quest. Unless something has changed.
  • MoribunnyMoribunny Member Posts: 21
    That's it. But interestingly, if you're a thief you still get promised the guild as a reward, and after you dual - the promise is broken.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Moribunny said:

That's it. But interestingly, if you're a thief you still get promised the guild as a reward, and after you dual - the promise is broken.

Almost like there's no honor among thieves. ;)
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    no, the promise is broken because you got yourself another stronghold.