Skip to content

Does everything halt when you go to spellhold?

TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
Just curious. As a longtime player I was always in the habit of getting everything done pre-spellhold that might be ruined if I didn't (i.e strongholds, romances etc.). I thought it might be fun to rush off after Imoen next time instead, but wanted to double check that it does actually work out. Has anyone had any problems with losing stronghold/ bugging romance or anything in going straight there?

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Korgan, Edwin and Hexxat either disappear or have quests unable to be completed, AFAIK that's the only issue with rushing to Spellhold. Not a problem in a Good party, if you free Hexxat then i am pretty sure the rest of her quest chain is works, Edwin just needs to get the nether scroll to be OK and Korgan's quest is pretty easy to get done early on.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I know that the thief stronghold goes on hold, so you wont have to worry about losing your guild when you're gone ( in fact the journey to spell hold by itself takes a week or so ) also if you have a fighter strong hold you will still get 500 gold per week, for every week you are out so that's nice

romances will continue as normal, ( usually romances will pop up every 30 game minutes, - or maybe it's an hour don't remember - or certain areas will make a romance dialogue trigger - like entering adalon's lair for example- )

and 99% when I get imoen on my team, I always b-line it to spell hold right away to grab her, the only thing is, if you have nalia at the time, she has to talk to daleson first, after she talks with him, then you can literally take forever if need be to get imoen and do chapter 4 and 5
    Attalus
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156
    Also, I would add that Clara disappears from the CC and Yoshimo falls dead the minute you enter. Only to be expected, I guess