Skip to content

Just finished the Legacy of Bhaal playthrough while Flying Solo

After I was given all steam keys for my EE games on beamdog I went for yet another run while trying to do most, if not all, of the steam achievements.
Apart from the two broken ones (You chose...poorly and Grim deeds to come from SoD) I now have them all.

For the icing on the cake of Legacy of Bhaal and Flying Solo both at the same time (why not, right?´) I went with my Inquisitor who killed Sarevok once on Insane, followed his path in SoD and as a level 9 fully equipped charname who read all the tomes in full embarked on another journey that should prove his mettle.

Turns out it wasn't that hard in the end. I killed a grand total of 74 creatures doing the pinnacle of difficulty.

1st obstacle: Outrun Imoen. Check!

Ran like the wind with my boots of speed through the map to Nashkel, talked with the mayor, jumped into the mines, killed around 2 or 3 kobolds, caved Mulahey's head in with a hammer and said hi to Xan who went for Everaska with his Moonblade back. Got reward from mayor and took a shortcut here for the +CON book (identified at Hedge). Now I'm regenerating.

A voyage to Peldvale and a discussion later Tazok now thinks I'm his bandit buddy. The irony, I slaughtered the inhabitants of his tent, looted his stash and went straight for the mine. Davaeorn posed no threat with his phony fireballs against my 90% fire resist (thank you Dareos, plate came in handy).

Baldur's Gate to follow. Took +DEX book, now at 17, swapped 18 DEX bracers for Legacy of Masters.
Chop chop, 5 doppelgangers later, I'm killing the Iron Throners. A short trip to Candlekeep, hello tome of strength (never got to identify it though).

2nd obstacle: The thief in the sewers hotel stabbed real quick with his short sword of backstabbing. Good thing I had a stash of greater healing potions from SoD for him. Check!

Ducal palace, Liia Janath got torn to pieces by doppelgangers, tough luck, wonder who'll train Imoen now in SoD. Belt made it with a sliver of health, I cowered behind flaming fists while Sarevok went on rampage. Teleport to Maze.

3rd obstacle: I have it memorized by now. Duh.

Underground temple. Took a detour from the group of enemies through the graveyard rubble. Entered the temple. Gulped an oil of speed and a storm giant strength potion.

4th obstacle: Failed to pull the final boss, everyone is after me. Tried going melee but Mr. Sarevok is clearly cheating because my THAC0 of 3 is not consistent enough. I hit harder though. Panicked and started running like mad while covered in detonation arrows and fireballs. Gulping potions real quickly now. Noticed skull traps hitting everyone. Say hello to cheese!
Tazok went down first showered with shrapnels, then Angelo, then Semaj and finally the cleric. Long story short and 24 greater healing potions later I locked gaze with Sarevok, met him eye to eye and delivered the final blow like a hero, not a chicken who lets the cheese out.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

TL;DR Skipped everything and used cheese in final fight. Took a couple of hours.

Comments