Skip to content

Edge Scrolling Problems

UnionhackUnionhack Member Posts: 27
edited June 2017 in Troubleshooting
I am having some seriously aggravating issues with the edge scrolling in BG1EE, but it may have something to do with my computer and not the game itself. I need some help or advice.

Essentially, when the game is at full screen, I can edge scroll left and up, but cannot edge scroll right or down. This SOMETIMES fixes itself for a short period of time, but it always comes with the dread of 'oh jeez, when is it gonna happen again?' and all that.

I have edited the baldur.lua to make sure the resolution listed matches mine. Still having this issue.

I am running DirectX 9.0c, and my graphics are the Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 Integrated driver. My screen resolution is 1366x768.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I had something like this a while ago. It turned out that my mouse needed cleaning.
  • UnionhackUnionhack Member Posts: 27
    That's probably not my issue here but I'll clean it anyway. I can scroll all the way to the right or down but the spinning arrow cursor that appears when you edge scroll just... doesn't show up. My cursor just rolls outside of the game resolution.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited June 2017
    Does it work properly when you're playing windowed? I have the same issue on my laptop; I use keyboard scrolling to get around the problem.
  • UnionhackUnionhack Member Posts: 27
    I can't edge scroll when windowed. Keyboard scrolling feels awkward to me when my right hand is on the mouse.

I did seem to detect the culprit though, it seems that my computer was set to 1280x780 as opposed to 1366x768. I'll see if that helps anything.