Skip to content

Spectacle Lich (SPOILERS)

Hi,

Is there any way to kill this guy? Everytime I use the Spectacle this little fellows engages in conversation, give me a ring and teleport away. I don't even have the chance do kill him before he starts speaking or when he shows up to help you kill the other ghost.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Er ... that doesn't sound like the Lich at all, @Raduziel - athough it does sound more like a different Spectacles character.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You have to select the right dialogue option to make the Lich hostile.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2017
    @ThacoBell Do you know what dialogue is it? Cause I've tried every combination possible, with both the lich and the guardian, and I can't make him fight me.

@Gallowglass I'm refering to Zhadroth, the lich in Kanaglym.
    Apparently it was suppose to pop up a dialogue option that ain't showing to me. I'm soloing as a Ranger.

Will try with a Wizard or Cleric in my party.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Raduziel - good find! I didn't realise that this dialogue could vary according to conditions, which is why it didn't sound familiar in my earlier response. My bad, sorry.

Try drinking a Potion of Genius or Mind Focusing and/or a Potion of Insight before speaking to Zhadroth - that would give your Lore a temporary boost.

@Raduziel - good find! I didn't realise that this dialogue could vary according to conditions, which is why it didn't sound familiar in my earlier response. My bad, sorry.

Try drinking a Potion of Genius or Mind Focusing and/or a Potion of Insight before speaking to Zhadroth - that would give your Lore a temporary boost.

Potion of Genius + Potion of Insight did the trick. :)
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Why would anyone sane insist on a fight with a lich, who is kind enough to give you an item for free instead of trying to imprison :D
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140

Oh, the longing to have such a tool import to BGIIEE...

I haven't tried to console it in...perhaps all that was once lost can be found?
  • NikussNikuss Member Posts: 5
    I used brevins quarterstaff and a potion of insight on my main character (who is a fighter and dumb as a brick to boot) Because it doesnt matter if you choose your smartest person to talk to the lich, its all down to the main characters lore. I got mine up to 35 ish and it did the trick. I also had my entire party turn him into a porcupine with fletched quills before he managed to open his mouth. That took him down to about 1 third of his health which made him as easy to fight as a kobold in a wheelchair.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    you can also easily kill him with 5-6 potions of firebreath

so the anti-lich gem is not expended on use? it should be...
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    bob_veng said:

you can also easily kill him with 5-6 potions of firebreath

so the anti-lich gem is not expended on use? it should be...

No, it doesn't vanish. You can get it recharged from the dwarves.
  • NystulNystul Member Posts: 1
    It looks like 25 (or potentially 26) is the magic number for the 4th dialogue option. My main character had 24 lore after drinking potions of Genius and Insight and it wasn't enough, but when she equipped the Glimmer of Hope for the extra one point of wisdom to get up to 26 lore the option appeared.
  • MurissokahMurissokah Member Posts: 7
    Wand of Paralyzation works here. There should be a bunch lying around from the fight before. Release him, use the wands, luck out on one and you'll have all the time in the world to mash his little lich face.

I don't find it ideal, but there is no good reason for the lore check to be forced on the main character, so might as well cheese back at the game.
  • bluemanxcatbluemanxcat Member Posts: 2
    I have a natural lore of 34, but still couldn't get the hostile dialogue. :(