Skip to content

LAN Supported?

ArizaelArizael Member Posts: 263
edited September 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hellof folks I have simple question. Sorry if it has been answered before.

Will the EE support good old LAN cable? Will I be able to simply plug our computers together in the kitchen/train/lonely house in the mountains and play without login anywhere?

Comments

• GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    Coriander said:

cimerians said:

- You can play with another person at home with co-op through the main story?
    - The other person needs to buy a copy of the game correct?
    - Also, if its a party of characters who controls what the other characters do? Or is it just you and one other person playing in co-op mode?

-You will be able to play on a LAN with up to six devices running BGEE. Six is the limit on party size.
    -They need to be running BGEE to play.
    -Characters are assigned controllers in the multiplayer setup by the host, one person could control five and the other just one. The host can also set different permissions to each player. i.e. the ability to pause.
    source: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/42700/#Comment_42700

And also 1 time authentication during the installation which needs connection to the web and then you can play offline as long as you want.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Something else worth noting is that each copy of the game must be purchased separately. So no buying one copy, installing it on six computers, and playing with your friends over LAN.

I think. I'd have to check on that, but I think that's how it works.