Skip to content

So I cant help but ask

The_ZealotThe_Zealot Member Posts: 43
If I'm breaking some form of rule let me know but I have to ask.

When are we going to get to play?!?!! It is Summer 2012 and I have seen no update or really heard anything new for BG advanced edition.....

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I hope they will release it before 21.12.2012...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    The only thing Trent has confirmed is that Summer ends in September.
  • kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    edited June 2012
    Come on, @The_Zealot. Be patient. I am hoping/waiting for 125months. Even if it will be released in December, thats less than 5% of my waiting time. #ohsootired
    tenaThe_Zealot
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I believe Trent Olster said on his twitter feed that they are on track to be finished by September 21st.
    lolien
  • The_ZealotThe_Zealot Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2012
    hmmm i need to follow Trent Olster. Thanks for the update @elminster!
    @kangaxx

I do so dislike waiting, oh well if I must I must. I am playing BG II currently so I guess waiting isn't that bad.........
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    As long as it's not Next Thursday, I'm happy.
    I would cry tears of exultant joy if it was next Thursday, it would be soon and on a pay day!!!!
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Hehe, it's a reference to the indie RPG Age of Decadence that's been in development since 2004 or -06 or something (it's finally getting close to being finished now though), it's become a running joke that it'll be released "Next Thursday". I really hope we don't have to wait 6 years and counting for this game ;)
    @scriver

Thanks for the info, I would have to agree that 6+ years would suck.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I think most the work is done on this no? The game was already released in the past. However much work they want to EXTEND the game is up to them and could be a little or it could be more than a little but the task of porting and updating the code is entirely doable and can be finished relatively quickly.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will reveal itself to you when you are ready.
    NWN_babaYagaAnton
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @PhillipDaigle

I'd say "I'm ready now!" but you'll just reply with a Yoda quote, right?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    For reals we have some announcements coming up. I'm actually working on some web stuff right now, it should be much nicer than our current setup.
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    @PhillipDaigle: web stuff just as in the main page of www.baldursgate.com ? or also forum improvements ?
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    @PhillipDaigle Cadros casts True Sight