Skip to content

Which evil innate Bhaalspawn power would you prefer: Ghoul Touch or Horror?

MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Since the third and fourth innate evil powers were changed from Ghoul Touch in BG1 to Horror in BG2, I'm curious as to what will be the case in BG:EE. (I'd prefer one of each in either order.)
  1. Which evil innate Bhaalspawn power would you prefer: Ghoul Touch or Horror?47 votes
    1. Ghoul Touch
      23.40%
    2. Horror
      57.45%
    3. One of each
        8.51%
    4. Something else
      10.64%

Comments

• BubbleboyBubbleboy Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2012
    I actually wish they would work slightly different than regular spells, to make them feel more like godling special abilities than just simple mage/cleric spells.
    Even renames and different spell visuals would suffice imo.

EDIT:
    Actually scratch that.
    It just came to me, there's no way to check the description of new special abilities.

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I think horror is annoying. I want to kill the enemy, so I end up having to chase it around.
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Huh wha? I remember getting horror in vanilla BG1. Larloch's Drain x2, Horror x2, then Vampiric Touch x2.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    I got Ghoul Touch in BG1, and my character retained it in BG2.
    Perhaps it's based on what Evil Alignment you are?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @ChrisYui and @Cloutier What alignments did you play? I played LE and always got Ghoul Touch. When I imported my PC to BG2 (SoA), they had been switched to Horror.
  • ChrisYui said:

Huh wha? I remember getting horror in vanilla BG1. Larloch's Drain x2, Horror x2, then Vampiric Touch x2.

I thought I recognized that face!

• theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Horror. I never ever used melee spells. Seems like a sure fire way of getting dead to me.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Awong124 I always enjoyed my party's missile shooting spree after casting Horror.

@theJoshFrost Ghoul Touch was such a niche spell in BG1 because you had to have a weapon proficiency in blunt weapons to use it without a to-hit penalty and it didn't do any damage beyond paralyzing your target. Thankfully, they corrected these things in BG2.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    I mean horror is an all purpose power because it's extremely useful. I think ghoul touch is a bit more appealing because it sounds cooler, but I won't debate which one is more useful.
    Mortianna said:

@ChrisYui and @Cloutier What alignments did you play? I played LE and always got Ghoul Touch. When I imported my PC to BG2 (SoA), they had been switched to Horror.

Hmm. Maybe. I never played Lawful Evil, only Neutral or Chaotic.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    I'd like to have them both.
    In real life.