Skip to content

Probably A Dumb Question After All This Time (spoilers)

Quite straightforward though.
Do the female love interests get taken by Bodhi and then you have to kill them/resurrect them?

I have only played a male charname once or twice and couldn't remember. And was trying to figure out whether it works as well narratively.
Dracula perhaps, but Bodhi?

So swapped Dracula for Bodhi and thought about my love interest going off with him and decided I would be far more pissed off with the love interest.
The long trip to the Amaunator Temple would leave far too much time to brood, they would wake up to a right earful.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited August 2017
    Yes and yes. It even worked with Tashia (mod-added female NPC) last time with a male charname in an active romance.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    edited August 2017
    I thought the EE characters will not be taken by Bodhi?
    Dorn didn't (With male charname; thought I can't figure why, his dialogue was in a mess), Rasaad protected by god, Hexxat... well, Hexxat.
    I have no idea what happens to Neera.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Neera does something wild magic and also ends up not taken, IIRC.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah the EE characters don't get taken.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2017
    What is really absurd with the Bodhi abduction is that every love interest except Jaheira (pre-EE I mean) is a cleric of some sort. The idea of a high-level cleric being easily kidnapped by vampires is ridiculous, to say the least. Neera isn't taken (not is any EE character), and while you could say this is an example of them not fitting in the game I think it's better. It makes Bodhi looks stupid and weak though, but well the real problem is that this subplot should have been cut to begin with by BioWare.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    ThacoBell said:

Yeah the EE characters don't get taken.

Probably because nobody would be at all bothered. Simply give a sigh of relief along with a murmured,
    "Oh dear, too bad, now where were we". :D

Which kind of illustrates my thinking. It's quite a big plot development, it resonates. Yet can't help but feel it works better with a female charname yet BG is so obviously slanted towards male consumers, main demographic for computer games ect. at the time. It's very romantic.

And it get makes game much harder as, you can easily end up with no divine support while battling vampires. Creatures clerics are supposed to make easy work of.
    Artona said:

And it get makes game much harder as, you can easily end up with no divine support while battling vampires. Creatures clerics are supposed to make easy work of.

Exactly, losing a high level Anomen at that point is a nightmare.
    What, you actually have to engage with these vampires? Since when?

Not to mention it'll change hour to night, so you can't be smart and avoid kidnapping by appearing in Grave District at day.
    Yep, that encounter wasn't a good idea.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Artona said:

Not to mention it'll change hour to night, so you can't be smart and avoid kidnapping by appearing in Grave District at day.

No doubt, took me a couple times to figure out where to put specific party members so as to avoid level drains before even going back down.
    Artona said:

I wouldn't say that.
    I think it's a great twist and does fit with what's happening RP wise.

Chances are you will get at least one party member level drained, so perhaps forcing you to withdraw and rest giving time for Bodhi to do her evil seduction followed by the blood draining.

The whole episode works particularly well RP wise if you are romancing Anomen, corrupting the priest, turning him, having you kill him, women kill men far less frquently than men kill women so that's there as well, eventually having to save him.

It's a classic, lot of tropes there and subversing them as well.

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I second the opinion that this is a terrible and pointless plot device and none of my romance mods will ever feature it in the standard way if it gets implemented at all.
    It's a classic, lot of tropes there and subversing them as well.

But it's at player's expense.