Skip to content

Help needed with Jaheira / Meronia, please!

Hello all,

Replaying the game once again. Ran into trouble with Jaheira. After the "dangerous life" lovetalk, I slept outside the De'Arnise Keep, and the bandit encounter was successfully triggered. However, Meronia did not show up after the encounter, and Jaheira was not summoned to the Harper Hold.

I then summoned Meronia via the console, and they chatted. However, Jaheira does not follow Meronia; she leaves the group and just stands still. I actually went to another map and came back to see if that was just a glitch, but no: Jaheira will remain on the De'Arnise Keep map after her chat with Meronia.

What could I conceivably do here?

I can go back to a) before the bandit encounter, or b) right after the bandit encounter.

I already did the bandit encounter twice, but no Meronia.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Are you romancing Jaheira? If you are, the romance path has longer timers. I'd go back to just before the bandit encounter and let it play out naturally. Sometimes when I do the romance, the next encounter spawns not only after a day or two, but also after a couple map transitions.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Yes, I am. My sense is, however, that Meronia should spawn immediately after the bandit encounter no matter what. If there is no romance, Meronia shows up earlier than that.
    But are you saying that you've had Meronia appear significantly after the bandit encounter?
    I don't think I've ever had an event happen immediately after the bandit event. It and Meronia have separate timers I believe. The Harper stuff all happens in sequence, but the bandit event can happen anytime outdoors after a certain point.

You are indeed correct. Just to check it out, I did some area transitions and slept a lot, and Meronia showed up.

Thank you, much appreciated!
    ThacoBell
    Glad I was able to help.