Skip to content

What's your favourite romance?

12346»

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

I wish there was a Bodhi romance though.

O_o;

I think her picture is hot, but still lol that would be weird and not make sense
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113

I wish there was a Bodhi romance though.

There is sorta, the Romantic Encounters mod on G3 has a possible encounter with her if you side with the vampires.

My absolute favorite romance though is the Imoen mod. Yes, I know im such a perv for romancing the half sister.

I don't think the Bhaalspawn are genetically related. You have pure dwarves and pure drow, and pure dragons. Which isn't really possible. So I don't think you are literally half-siblings, the only 'sibling' connection is through the Bhaalspawn taint.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    I would lock Aerie in my Fritzel dungeon under Spellhold if I could. I hate that NPC.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96

I would lock Aerie in my Fritzel dungeon under Spellhold if I could. I hate that NPC.

I used to take NPCs like Anomen and Nalia, walk them inside the dungeon cells of De'Arnise Keep, abandon them and then shut the cell door. Occasionally I would check back, as if to taunt them regarding their plight.

This is the dark sub-current of my psyche that I hide from my loved ones.

• BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    Jaheira was my favorite in vanilla BG2 for a long time, but Aerie eventually grew on me. Sure, she whines too much at the beginning, but once she's secure in the relationship she transforms into a more self-confident and interesting character.

For mods, Kelsey is well executed but I usually pair him with Imoen when I have him in the party (they're so cute together). Fade and Nalia were both excellent (and would romance dwarves!) but each stops at SoA. Sarah is good character and offers a companion who is actually stable. I'm trying Tyris Flare for the first time now and it's been very good so far.
  • HaggardBlazeHaggardBlaze Member Posts: 53
    Aerie gets no love man, no love. I feel like the only person who actually liked her. Although I was pretty young at the time and that may not hold up now that Im older
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2012
    I know he's complete Marmite, and there were many complaints about him being the only vanilla romance option for a female charname but Anomen is my favourite romance. I thought it was very cannily written with a nice character progression throughout, and some (very well) hidden depths so long as you can get over some of the more cringeworthy, guffaw inducing dialogues. I haven't played the Keldorn romance but I think that's next on the list.
    Kaeloree said:

No, they were cut before they got written.

There has been quite a bit of work done on a Valygar romance, it didn't make the original BGII release but Dave Gaider was working on it with one of the members of The Attic (who's still around over there) and I think the intention was to include it as part of the ToB expansion it didn't come to fruition though, which is a shame as I think a Valygar romance would be great.

edited September 2012

Now that I think about it, I feel that all four romance options in BG2 act incredibly selfish. A relationship is giving and taking, none of them really "gives"; they all just demand.

This, yes, there was point in game that Anomen's actions are so completely selfish it actually inspired a fic wot I wrote so my Charname could tell him what she thought without him having a hissy fit and dumping her. Ironically it's the one point in game where there are absolutely no consequences for his actions when they're actually pretty bad.

• HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    >< I don't have any favorite, never actually romanced any as I always play a female char and wanna romance females! It really sucks.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I have not tried mod NPC's/romance mods so given the default BG2 options I can't say I have a favourite. Since for me they are merely a matter of those which I hate the most rather than any that I particularly like.

Least favourite aerie. Very annoying to deal with as a romantic option, and even more so as an interactive NPC.
  • Viconia man, no competition. I would make that choice any day, under any conditions. I mean, we're talking about a HOT, drow woman. DROW. I mean drow females are pretty much forced to adopt a dominant, even all-out dominatrix role just because of their society. I mean that's essentially one of the things they know how to do best and damn it all if that's not enough for me.

...the fact that she's a cleric also helps a lot...
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    HexHammer said:

>< I don't have any favorite, never actually romanced any as I always play a female char and wanna romance females! It really sucks.

Check out the Sarah NPC mod from Gibberlings 3. She's a human ranger who will only romance female PCs