Skip to content

iOS version evil party

KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
With the mods available for me to play on my iPhone, what evil characters are available?

I haven't really played BGII in many years and I want to try out the new evil NPCs.

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    I dont think that you can mod a game on your IPhone. I believe that you have to jailbreak the phone if so - and jailbreaking is not an option since IOS 9.3.3. But hopefully iOS 11 will add more options...

But for evil npc's from mods you could try Valen or Tsujatha. If you like more flavour, try Kido or Kindrek. Havent tried them - I always play good characters.
    tbone1
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    If you have a very old ios version (older than 8.4 or 8.3) ifunbox works for modding. Other than that, you need a jailbreak and that does not work for the latest ios versions, either. At least, not yet.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • BrutaleBentBrutaleBent Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2017
    As the nice folks above me mentioned, you'll need to jailbrak your iOS device to mod it properly - you can still "half-mod" it, with 2da, itm, cre, ect ect, on a non jailbroken iOS device, just not anything that affects the dialog.tlk (I think).

You install the mods using ie. 7 zip (store, for no compression) to .zip then rename the fileextension to .bg2override, send it to yourself, ie. mail or dropbox and then "copy to" Baldur's Gate 2. ;)

Also, there's the new NPCs, Dorn and Hexxat.

Don't know if this had any actual relevance to you, seeing your many posts, but I trieded. ;)

EDIT: Aaand just saw it was three weeks old, I'm-a sorries. D:
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894

As the nice folks above me mentioned, you'll need to jailbrak your iOS device to mod it properly - you can still "half-mod" it, with 2da, itm, cre, ect ect, on a non jailbroken iOS device, just not anything that affects the dialog.tlk (I think).

You install the mods using ie. 7 zip (store, for no compression) to .zip then rename the fileextension to .bg2override, send it to yourself, ie. mail or dropbox and then "copy to" Baldur's Gate 2. ;)

Don't know if this had any actual relevance to you, seeing your many posts, but I trieded. ;)

I wasn't referring to jail breaking, I was talking about the add on characters you can buy.
    edited September 2017
    Alright, even though you're probably informed by now, the new evil NPCs for BG2:EE are;

Dorn (NE) Blackguard, encountered south-west of the Temple of the Radiant Heart in the Temple District.
    Hexxat (NE) Thief, encountered in Copper Coronet.
    tbone1
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    edited September 2017

Sorry for highjacking the thread

I am looking forward to seeing what options iOS 11 will give us in terms of modding.

@BrutaleBent what mods have you used on a non jailbroken iOS device?
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    tbone1
    edited September 2017
    Mostly handpicked and changed selections from tweaks anthology, and some other mods, supported with some changed/self made stuff (2da, cre, itm and the like.), i.e. spell tables, thac0 table, changed proficiencies/style boni, proficency/styles restrictions, shapechanger fixes, NPC portrait, xp tables (druid uses cleric), new cres for npcs to reflect said changes and their starting equipment, along other tweaks. ;)

It's surprisingly easy using NearInfinity, EE Keeper and Notepad++, to make a your override folder and bg2override file to suit your own specific needs and wants (as long as they're not gamechanging beyond the capability of those files). I can thoroughly recommend delving into it, if that's would make the game better for you.

Next on my list is banter increase, a boots of speed like effect when out of combat (disappears during combat), but yet again, I'm at the mercy of people who actually knows their stuff to help me even make it in the PC version. :p

Also contemplating making spells slowly regen over time, so spellcasters can be relevant a bit longer before resting... but afraid it will make it too easy - the corrected, non idiotic NPC proficiency choices already make the game a good bit easier. :/ Soo, also gonna have to check the "give enemies max hp" thing out too. :S
    StummvonBordwehr